[SOLVED] Virtualbox Plugin Install Problem

• I'm facing the same problem as some other users while installing the Virtualbox plugin. The plugin is partially installed, which means not all vbox services are starting and (at least for me) the vbox user is not created during the installation process.

Sources.list (also tried us repos, same result)

Code
    root@omv:~# ps aux | grep virtualbox
    root     25591  0.0  0.0   9108   860 pts/0    S+   18:50   0:00 grep virtualbox

vboxdrv setup

Code
    root@omv:~# /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup
    Stopping VirtualBox kernel modules:
    Message from syslogd@omv at Mar 16 18:51:28 ...
     kernel:[15613.905434] RTSpinlockReleaseNoInts: ffff88013b896c10 (magic=0x19480428)
    Uninstalling old VirtualBox DKMS kernel modules:.
    Trying to register the VirtualBox kernel modules using DKMS:.
    Starting VirtualBox kernel modules:.

Web-UI error on virtualbox plugin page.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'sudo omv-mkconf virtualbox 2>&1': Unknown id: vbox

Error when executing mkconf.

Code
    root@omv:~# omv-mkconf virtualbox
    Unknown id: vbox

Seems like it all boils down to the vbox user. Is it somehow possible to trigger the script that creates said user ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Cut and paste the following code into a file called add_vbox.sh. Then chmod +x add_vbox.sh and execute by ./add_vbox.sh. This is pretty much cut and paste right out of the install script. Or you could reinstall the plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• make sure contents of this file /etc/apt/sources.list is the following:

check this file and make sure it's contents match: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list

Code
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public fedaykin main

check this file and make sure contents match: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-plugins-org-fedaykin.list

Code
    deb http://packages.omv-plugins.org fedaykin main
  • In OMV web-gui go to /system/general setting and change session timout to 10 minutes and click on ok.
    Then in web-gui go to /system /network DNS server TAB on right and make sure you enter ip of your router. Then click on ok.

Then in command line do:

apt-get update
    apt-get -f install
    apt-get upgrade

Then uninstall virtualbox plugin and reinstall.

Now you can go to my post on this thread to finish the job.....

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1698

• Seems that I got it working.

Code
    vbox     11552  0.0  0.1 184524  5552 ?        Sl   01:19   0:00 /usr/lib/virtualbox/vboxwebsrv --background -H 127.0.0.1
    vbox     11554  0.0  0.1  87632  5360 ?        S    01:19   0:00 /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxXPCOMIPCD
    vbox     11559  0.0  0.1 173584  7444 ?        Sl   01:19   0:00 /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxSVC --auto-shutdown
    root     11680  0.0  0.0   9108   860 pts/0    S+   01:20   0:00 grep virtualbox

I can enable the plugin on the Web-UI, but when I switch over to the VM tab I get another error.

Code
    Error #64:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Error logging in to vboxwebsrv.' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/vboxconnector.php:213
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/virtualbox.inc(256): vboxconnector->connect()
    #1 [internal function]: VirtualBoxRpc->getMachines(Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('virtualbox', 'getMachines', Array)
    #4 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #5 {main}
  • Zitat von "Sodden"

Seems that I got it working.

Code
    vbox     11552  0.0  0.1 184524  5552 ?        Sl   01:19   0:00 /usr/lib/virtualbox/vboxwebsrv --background -H 127.0.0.1
    vbox     11554  0.0  0.1  87632  5360 ?        S    01:19   0:00 /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxXPCOMIPCD
    vbox     11559  0.0  0.1 173584  7444 ?        Sl   01:19   0:00 /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxSVC --auto-shutdown
    root     11680  0.0  0.0   9108   860 pts/0    S+   01:20   0:00 grep virtualbox

I can enable the plugin on the Web-UI, but when I switch over to the VM tab I get another error.

Code
    Error #64:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Error logging in to vboxwebsrv.' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/vboxconnector.php:213
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/virtualbox.inc(256): vboxconnector->connect()
    #1 [internal function]: VirtualBoxRpc->getMachines(Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('virtualbox', 'getMachines', Array)
    #4 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #5 {main}

Is it possible that there's still some leftovers from the previous install ? For example the old vbox user password.

• Let me think about it. This is something I have not seen. You are close so don't mess it up ok.
    It would be helpful if you did a code box and showed the whole error message.

Give us a couple days.

I will look into more later. TekkB

/usr/share/phpvirtualbox

vbox user password mismatch between vbox user and clear password in /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox ????

Sodden, Please give results of this command:
    service vboxweb-service status

Also, tell me what you get if you go to:
    http://ipofyouromv/virtualbox ( e.g. ip of your omv is 192.168.1.122)

• ok, so here's what I get when I go to http://omv/virtualbox

Code
    An error occurred communicating with your vboxwebsrv. No more requests will be sent by phpVirtualBox until the error is corrected and this page is refreshed. The details of this connection error should be displayed in a subsequent dialog box.

after that

and after that I get a login box.

vobxweb-service is running

Code
    root@omv:~# service vboxweb-service status
    Checking for VBox Web Service ...running

I'm pretty sure it's just some old file that contains the old vbox user login data.

• I GOT IT. Damn that was tricky.

So here's what i did. Basicly I just used "find -iname" to locate everything virtualbox releated e.g.

Code
    *.vbox*, *vbox*, *.virtualbox*, *virtualbox*, *phpvirtualbox* and so on

And I guess here is where the problem was, there are two .Virtualbox folders, one is located in /root the other one is in /home/vbox.
    I then went ahead and purged everything again to get a fresh start.

Code
    apt-get purge virtualbox*

And after that I deleted everything I previously found including the vbox user and group.

Code
    rm -rf /root/.Virtualbox
    rm -rf /home/vbox
    rm -rf /etc/defaults/openmediavault-virtualbox
    rm -rf /etc/defaults/virtualbox
    rm -rf /tmp/.vbox*
    rm -rf /usr/share/phpvirtualbox
    userdel vbox
    groupdel vboxusers

After that I used "find" again do see if I missed anything.
    The rest was pretty straight forward.
    Install Virtualbox-Plugin via web-UI and reboot. Done.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!