iSCSI Plugin - incompatible with 4.8 kernel

• Has anyone been able to enable the iSCSI plugin under OMV 3.0?

I am able to install it, but when I go to enable, it returns an error.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start iscsitarget 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for iscsitarget.service failed. See 'systemctl status iscsitarget.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

From the command line it appears that the kernel module is not compiling.

systemctl status iscsitarget.service
    ● iscsitarget.service - LSB: Starts and stops the iSCSI software target
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/iscsitarget)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-01-26 17:28:09 MST; 2s ago
    Process: 32332 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/iscsitarget start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Jan 26 17:28:09 Icarus iscsitarget[32332]: Starting iSCSI enterprise target service:modprobe: FATAL: Module iscsi_trgt not found.
    Jan 26 17:28:09 Icarus iscsitarget[32332]: failed!
    Jan 26 17:28:09 Icarus systemd[1]: iscsitarget.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Jan 26 17:28:09 Icarus systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Starts and stops the iSCSI software target.
    Jan 26 17:28:09 Icarus systemd[1]: Unit iscsitarget.service entered failed state.

Multiple attempts to manually override, compile, re-install are met with the same outcome.
    Tried bare metal and virtual and got the same result.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It doesn't compile with the 4.8 kernel. I haven't tried recently but I would try install the proxmox 4.4 kernel (button in omv-extras) and see if it compiles with that kernel. Otherwise, you will need to install OMV 3.x with one of the older ISOs and disable the backports repo.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!