Personnalize samba recycle bin options

• Hi all and first I would like to thank every people working hard on this project.

Just to present me a little bit I started building my own NAS under a raspberry pi. Watching all I can build by myself, I bought a little shuttle with celeron dual core processor.
    I made it PVR server with thveadend, share file server and wirtual machine server with OMV.

What I would like to know is if it's possible to personalize the SMB recycle bin options and keep it.
    For example in the smb.conf file I replaced the recycle bin folder from .recycle/%u (or something like that) to $recycle.bin for 2 reasons : I don't want recycle bin arrange by username and I don't want to show hide filesystem in windows to see .recycle folder.
    Also I do not want to keep file versions in the recycle bin.

But each time I made a change in the OMV GUI of SMB/CIFS, my changes are removed from the smb.conf file.

Is there a place somewhere in OMV to change the options written in the smb.conf file by the OMV scripts renning behind the gui ?
    Second question, is there any way to activate recycle bin for the home folder in the [homes] section of the smb.conf file. This is not enabled by default and again, when I change something in the GUI, my changes are erased so no more recycle in the homes shared folders.

Regards.

Stephane

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!