can't change transmission download folder

• I'm runing Openmediavault Omnius with transmission plugin installed. I can't change download folder in Openmediavault webGUI -> transmission -> server -> file & locations, because if I press OK nothing happens. Then, if I go to settings tab and press Ok, saving progress dialog happens, but the download folder isn't saved. I can't download any torrent because it's downloading to "/" by default. I tried to edit /var/lib/transmission-daemon/info/settings.json but the edited config gets overrided quickly. Sorry for my english. Thank you.

• Maybe you found the reason but in case you haven't, make sure that the folder is no being used by another service. for example smb (samba)

i always make sure that in shared folders it shows as being not used. I have had issues where changing directories around was not working and then realized it was still being used.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "HackitZ"

Maybe you found the reason but in case you haven't, make sure that the folder is no being used by another service. for example smb (samba)

i always make sure that in shared folders it shows as being not used. I have had issues where changing directories around was not working and then realized it was still being used.

Are we talking about .2.x here, or .3? The Torrent plugin is working flawlessly for me in .2.x

You can use 1 folder, for several different services, that shouldn't be the problem. I have my torrent folder set up in samba and FTP as well, and it works just fine.

When I had this problem it was twofold (again, keep in mind this was with .2.x, there may be bugs in .3 I don't know about):
    1. For some reason, debian-transmission did not have write privileges to the folders I was downloading to.
    2. I did not have an "incomplete" directory assigned. When Transmission started working, it would downlod about 70k, then quit.

What I did to resolve this:
    Create two folders on your STORAGE drives (not on /). One folder will be for incomplete torrents. One will be where torrents are saved when they are finished.
    chmod 0777 the folders, so basically anything can read/write to them. If you're requiring a username/password, I'm not sure how to overcome that, as I never did that. I guess I could have just gave the debian-transmission group write permission, but I don't particularly care who can write to these folders.
    Add the folders to any service you want (samba, torrent)
    Try to download a torrent.

I'd be willing to bet this is a permissions issue, especially since you're trying to put torrents on your /

• Zitat von "Marcel.Beck"

Just create bug/feature request/issue on github, and do not complain about it here.

Funny thing you mention that. You know how I found out the solution to this? It was a BUG already filed. It was closed without resolution as a UI DECISION.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!