Installing and configuring Calibre-Server

• Riff Raff!!!

I am so sorry...

I found the mistake and everything is working well now...

My Mistake was that I copied your "calibre.service" content and only replaced the xxx.... But you have drive-by- and I have dev-disk-by-label-xxx
    Replaced it now and it´s ok

OMG really really sorry for that :(

Intel Core i3-3220 @3.30 Ghz

16GB DDR3 RAM

OMV 5.6.24.0 (456GB HDD)

1x 1TB

2x 2TB

• YAAAAY! Good to hear everything is working now.

Checkout import und conversion script to add books to your library. You should use those to prevent a messed up database.

Edit: The import script as posted right now just simply imports everything in the 'import' folder. On my server, I run this script with Cron once a day and delete the content of 'import' after finished import. This prevents double import of books and I simply have to place new books in this folder, everything else is done automaticly. I can post this later on today.

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• :)

I´ve created both scripts according to my needs so far.

Edit: The import script as posted right now just simply imports everything in the 'import' folder. On my server, I run this script with Cron once a day and delete the content of 'import' after finished import. This prevents double import of books and I simply have to place new books in this folder, everything else is done automaticly. I can post this later on today.

would be a dream :) :) have no clue about that

Intel Core i3-3220 @3.30 Ghz

16GB DDR3 RAM

OMV 5.6.24.0 (456GB HDD)

1x 1TB

2x 2TB

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Zeb Aztian ()

• If you configured 'notification' in OMV Web GUI, an email notification can be sent when import is done as well

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
        IFS=$'\n'
            /usr/bin/calibredb add -r --with-library=/srv/dev-disk-by-xxx/calibre/ /srv/dev-disk-by-xxx/import/
            rm -R /srv/dev-disk-by-xxx/import/*
    echo "Import of your favourite ebooks done, Sir!" | mailx -s "Import of your favourite ebooks done, Sir!" "your-email-address@xxx.xxx"

replace all 'xxx' and 'your-email-address' with your corresponding setup. If you do not want to get an email, just delete the line or comment it out by adding a '#' at the beginning of this line.

Create a Cron job through OMV-Web GUI with tonus 'daily' as user 'root' and

Code
    /home/calibre/calibre_import.sh

If you want to import and convert them at the same time

Code
    /home/calibre/calibre_import.sh && /home/calibre/calibre_conversion.sh

To test your install and scripts, get a free EPUB ebook at Projekt Gutenberg :D

Terry Pratchett

• Did you check your running calibre by accessing it through webbrowser?

I would not recommend to pass your calibre port through your router, due to security issues. You could run calibre with a user and password request as well, but this would not work with Kindle. If you want to grant access to others, setup VPN.

Terry Pratchett

• I have checked calibre by browsing trough my books on Safari

EXCELLENT!!!!!
    Regarding calibre i will use it first only local May in future about vpn as you recommend:)

Some addition: How can I rename a book after adding it to the library?
    Saw right now that calibre imported also .files
    Do you know why?

I have instead of 244 now 488 books (half are books and the other hals are .files with max. 4kb)

• Quite late answer:

Edditing books afterwards is only possilbe through an external calibre GUI-Installation from a remote PC. You could do it also in command line, but it is a pain in the a**.

just stop your calibre server with

Code
    systemctl stop calibre.service

share your ebook directory via SMB/NFS or so on. On your GUI machine, setup calibre (can be any OS, prefer corresponding calibre version, for Stretch it is 2.75)

Adopt a remote database, link to your ebook share.

I installed calibre according to my tutorial on OMV4 Stretch today, works like a charm.

Terry Pratchett

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!