Plex Database folder not updated in the config

• The database location as per gui doesn't appear to affect the Plex config. It's starting in the /var/lib/plexmediaserver insted of /myvolume/plexmediaserver.
    As for now i just made a Symlink from /myvolume/plexmediaserver to /var/lib/plexmediaserver and it now uses the correct Plex config.
    Is it a bug in the Plex plugin?

Output of dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    ii  openmediavault                                                   3.0.59                                                                                                            all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-couchpotato                                       3.2.2                                                                                                             all          OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring                                           1.0                                                                                                               all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-letsencrypt                                       3.2                                                                                                               all          Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg                                      3.4.15                                                                                                            all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVau                                                                                        lt
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver                                   3.7                                                                                                               all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-sonarr                                            3.2                                                                                                               all          OpenMediaVault Sonarr plugin
    ii  openmediavault-transmissionbt                                    3.0.9                                                                                                             all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plug                                                                                        in.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Post the output of:

cat /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/db_folder.conf

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It never made the overrides file. omv-mkconf plexmediaserver should do that. If it doesn't, not sure what is wrong.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• omv-mkconf plexmediaserver
    cat /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/db_folder.conf
    cat: /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/db_folder.conf: No such file or directory

Did not help at all...
    This is a complete reinstall of OMV 3.
    I had the same problem before and did a reinstall of OMV 3 to see if that helped.
    Seems like there is a problem with the plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is a problem with the plugin. I will have to look at it later though.

• Same here,

I did a fresh install of OMV 3 and while this picked up all the drives, raid, etc.
    lex was not working as expected sadly.

I did select an internal drive on the Plex plug-in (the same drive containing the Plex DB) on my OMV 2 installation, however it was starting as a fresh Plex Server and did have any data.
    It prompted to add libraries and did not show any movie/music/tv show.

I have checked and it seems it was starting from /var/lib/plexmediaserver as opposed to /media/UUID/plexmediaserver.
    I was tempted to create a symlink in /var/lib so that plexmediaserver pointed to /media/UUID/plexmediaserver however I was unsure if this was going to break any functionality or mess up the upgrade.

I ended up re-imaging the OS drive using a back-up from last month, made with Clonezilla.

Regards,
    Tommy

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

• Offizieller Beitrag

You still had the problem with my release today?

• I just ran into this issue upgrading from OMV 2 -> 3.0.59
    Plex was refusing to start. I ended up removing the plugin and just configuring the plex package to point to the correct location.
    The codecs symlink was also bad. It was self referencing. /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs pointed to /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs. Very strange.

• Seems this is also related to my problem.

I removed the plugin and everything on disk.
    Reinstalled the new version (3.8.1), switched the directory and still plex installs in the default location (although in OMV I can see the correct path).

It seems something is still causing problems here...

• I made a symlink (as somebody mentioned) to the database and reinstalled the package, but now I can't start the service anymore... any suggestions?

I used "unlink Codecs" in /opt/plexcodecs, as this symlink seemed to cause the problem, now it works again.. though I wonder for how long.

plexpy is still not working, but well that's "nice to have"

• Hello,

Same issue for me, trying to reinstall and symlink /var/lib/plexmediaserver with my mergerfs pool /media/uid/plexmediaserver but service won't start.

Did you check if you have a Symlink in /opt/plexcodecs? I unlinked that one and then I could start it again.

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also check /etc/systemd/plexmediaserver.service for correct paths

Actually you want /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/db_folder.conf

• Offizieller Beitrag

no, i mean /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service
    at least in my file, there is also the path for application_support_dir environment variable set

You shouldn't change that file. It can be overwritten on upgrades. That is why the plugin uses the overrides file.

• I updated the plex plugin to latest and still i cannot get it to start in correct location.
    I changed database folder and saved. Then changed back to where my database is and saved again.
    But still i'm missing db_folder.conf

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you on OMV 2.x? dpkg -l | grep openm

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!