Problems with the last update of MiniDLNA to 1.1.5 from debian backports repository.

• The question is: Is there any disadvantage in disabling the debian-backports repositories (commenting the line in the sources.list file) at this time and also looking at future and possible future updates? I prefer to use the most stable software not testing (I know I’m running OMV 3.0 but it’s the version compatible with jesse stable)
    Since the last update (3.0.59) which enables the default backports I have stability problems with 1 of the packages (MiniDLNA 1.1.5) the problem is that randomly the client machines stop seeing the server, I check The operation of the service / daemon on the server and it is working, only that it is not shown in the clients.

Also I would like to add some interesting data in case someone else has this same problem or something:
    -The server is connected via UTP cable to router switch
    -In the previous version of MiniDLNA (previous version to 1.1.5) almost everything worked well (the server was shown in the clients connected via wifi but not in the clients connected via UTP cable)
    -I'm not sure where this problem really is, but I suspect it's partly because of the crapy ZTE router’s provided by the ISP.

Thanks! :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any disadvantage in disabling the debian-backports repositories (commenting the line in the sources.list file) at this time and also looking at future and possible future updates?

No but don't comment out the line in list file. Add the following line to /etc/default/openmediavault (if it is already there, just change it to NO)
    OMV_APT_USE_KERNEL_BACKPORTS="NO"
    then
    omv-mkconf apt
    Make sure to delete the backports repo in omv-extras if it is still there as well.

I think it is strange that a newer version of minidlna is giving you problems. Have you tried putting a switch between your systems and the router? Are you sure wifi isn't causing the problem?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I think it is strange that a newer version of minidlna is giving you problems. Have you tried putting a switch between your systems and the router? Are you sure wifi isn't causing the problem?

Thanks for your help :) No i don't tried putting a switch between the machines but I restored a previous backup an the updated all except minidlna and now is working as before. Something curious is that at the beginning, when it updated, it worked for a few hours even on computers connected via UTP cable. I think it is a problem with a new parameter of the version 1.1.5 of MiniDLNA that generates some type of conflict or similar with the multicast IGMP of the router, I have already read about these problems with other machines, such as smart TVs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!