Anacron job 'cron.weekly' met exit code 1

• Basically the error message says:
    /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h.error: rejected by /usr/sbin/smartctl, probably no longer compatible

I took a look at the rejected file, it contains a whole bunch of smart related info and nothing seems to be wrong.

I'm using
    smartctl 6.4 2014-10-07 r4002 [x86_64-linux-4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd64]
    OMV 3.0.59
    Kernel 4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd64

Any idea?
    Is it just me or something's wrong on where the drivedb.h is hosted?

Edit:
    At Thu 09 Feb 2017 07:40:02 AM EST, OMV tried to update drivedb.h and it seems like the uodated drivedb.h was rejected by smartctl.
    After that openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb fails everytime.
    Probably not a problem on my side.

Edit 2:
    I found a file named drive.h.error under /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb.

The file is generated everytime openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb fails and the content is the same.
    So sourceforge messed it up?

OMV 3.x | Linux Kernel 4.9

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von zzz09700 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem occurs because you are using the smartmontools from the Jessie backports. The official version supported by OMV3 is Debian Jessie 6.3+svn4002-2+b2. You have to find out yourself how to fix that issue. Please note, OMV does not use backports because of exactly this situation, different versions make always trouble, thus OMV only supports the stable version and no backports.

• The problem occurs because you are using the smartmontools from the Jessie backports. The official version supported by OMV3 is Debian Jessie 6.3+svn4002-2+b2. You have to find out yourself how to fix that issue. Please note, OMV does not use backports because of exactly this situation, different versions make always trouble, thus OMV only supports the stable version and no backports.

Thanks for the heads up. But I don't know if I'm reading this correctly, since what I got from

Code
    dpkg -l | grep smartmontools

is this:

Code
    ii  smartmontools                            6.3+svn4002-2+b2          amd64        control and monitor storage systems using S.M.A.R.T.

I'll take what you said as "I have no idea what's going on in your machine since you are using Jessie backports, which is not supported by OMV3. You are on your own now."

Actually the devs at smartmontools had figured out where the problem is. If you would like to pay a visit to their wiki site you'll find this:

Update the drive database
    The drive database file drivedb.h can be updated separately with the following command:
    sudo /usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb
    This command uses curl, wget or lynx for download. A proxy server can be specified by the environment variable http_proxy (lower case only), see the man pages of the above commands.
    The Windows package provides update-smart-drivedb.exe. It reads the proxy configuration from IE registry key.

The above update method does no longer work for smartmontools older than 6.5. The update-smart-drivedb tools from 5.40 to 6.1 use a download URL which is no longer valid since sourceforge platform upgrades. Releases 6.2 to 6.4 of the script use a HTTP URL which does no longer work since sourceforge site changed to HTTPS-only.

So I'm right about what happened: sourceforge messed it up.
    I would be really happy if you can update OMV3 to use smartmontools 6.5. For now I already added that "s" to update-smart-drivedb so I'm not worried in any degree.

You have a nice day, votdev.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von zzz09700 ()

• Same thing here.

Actually sourceforge did mess it up. Please refer to that previous post and smartmontools wiki site for more information.

A quick fix would be:
    1. ssh into OMV3 as root
    2. cd into "/usr/sbin/"
    3. open "update-smart-drivedb" as a text file (vim, nano or whatever, your call).
    4. locate that download URL "http://sourceforge.net/p/smartmontools/code/HEAD/tree/$location/smartmontools/drivedb.h?format=raw"
    5. change "http" to "https", save & exit.
    6. cd into "/etc/cron.weekly", manually run openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb ("./openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb")
    7. you shouldn't see any error message.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von zzz09700 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I'm right about what happened: sourceforge messed it up.
    I would be really happy if you can update OMV3 to use smartmontools 6.5

This is not possible because OMV does not maintain such packages itself, it uses the Debian OS and package repositories. You need to upgrade yourself if you like to use a other version.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!