Not able to connect to Plex server

• Hi gang, I had to re-install OMV due to my hard drive dying. But for about a week, I've been trying to get Plex to work but I can never connect to it. When I go to the Plex home page, it keeps showing me "looking for server"

I followed all the instructions to properly install the folders that contain my media but still can't connect to the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if more information is required.

Thanks in advance.

• Just to update, since I tried to uninstall/reinstall Plex plugin, now Plex doesn't want to install, here is the message I keep getting.

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc(58): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.pl...')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)#6 {main}
    OKHide details

• After install -> uninstall -> reinstall the plexmediaserver-plugin, I got this error message too.

After uninstall the plugin I realised, that the database folder in /media/<UUID>/plexmediaserver was not deleted. Is that normal?

• Yes, it's normal that it was not removed, at least in my experience.

I manually deleted the entire /media/xxxxx/plexmediaserver folder after I had uninstalled the plugin (so I could then reinstall it "fresh"), and have not experienced the error you encountered.

• OK, I also deleted the entire /media/<UUID>/plexmediaserver before reinstall the plex plugin.

Still got en error after installation (see log file):

Any idea?

• OK, I also deleted the entire /media/<UUID>/plexmediaserver before reinstall the plex plugin.

Still got en error after installation (see log file):

Any idea?

• I got plex works. I don't know if this solution is correct, but it works for me.

Activate the Plex repo in the OMV GUI.

To be sure there is the latest paket list loaded: in omv-extras tab make "Apt Clean" and after that "Update".

According this thread (last post on first page) I did:

Code
    apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    userdel plex
    rmdir /media/<my-UUID>/plexmediaserver

After this install plex plugin through OMV GUI (not CLI). When plexmediaserver is installed, I got this error message in OMV GUI: 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'. Just ignore it.

Then according this post (third post on first page):

Code
    chgrp -R plex /var/lib/plexmediaserver
    chmod 777 /var/lib/plexmediaserver
    dpkg --configure plexmediaserver openmediavault-plexmediaserver

Again, I don't know if this is a proper way, but my plex works now.

• Magellan - thanks for posting how you successfully re-installed plex.

But...It didn't work for me.

Completed the first section. Reinstalled Plex in the OMV Gui. Saw the same error message.

First two steps of second section worked, no problem.
    Unfortunately, the 3rd step "dpkg --configure plexmediaserver openmediavault-plexmediaserver" didn't.

Code
    stat: cannot stat '/media/<my-UUID>/plexmedia/Library': No such file or directory

plex/omv is determined to use the old directory even though its deleted

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!