Help with Postfix

• Hi, I've never had the Notifications working in OMV 2 and thought it was time to see why. I thought maybe it was the firewall or something.

In the end, I created a new gmail account to send emails from, as I found that I had to allow Gmail to Send eamils from Insecure Apps. I was then able to get emails coming through using the following settings:

- smtp.gmail.com
    - SSL/TLS

So it appears it wasn't the firewall blocking it, but Gmail :S

I also added some /etc/postfix/main.cf settings

- inet_protocols ipv4
    - smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 3
    - smtp_extra_recipient_limit = 3
    - smtp_destination_rate_delay = 1s
    - smtp_destination_recipient_limit = 3

as I thought this might help, but I keep getting inconsistent emails. and now at the moment it appears I've exceeded my daily limit from Gmail.

Has anyone else had problems, and if so any advice of what I'm doing wrong? Really frustrating how difficult the easy things are for me...

• I created a shell alias entry:

alias fixmail='sudo cp /etc/postfix/main-local-delivery.cf /etc/postfix/main.cf && sudo service postfix restart'

/etc/postfix/main-local-delivery.cf is a file that contains all my postfix main.cf customizations.

If OMV should ever overwrite my customizations, I run the alias command and it puts them back.

There are some OMV environment variables that will allow for some postfix tuning, but not enough, and they have become undocumented.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!