Plex: How do I get the unsupported App Store?

• Plex WebTools works for me on OMV 2.x and 3.x. I just followed the installation directions in the above posted link.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Plex WebTools works for me on OMV 2.x and 3.x. I just followed the installation directions in the above posted link.

Sorry I am a super noob on this. Pretty much everything I have done on OMV is because I copy exactly what to type.

Could you give me a hint or where to start?

I found the location on the settings>server>backup directory as:

I am not sure what I should type then :(

I can keep reading but it has been a while of keep trying lol

• You don't type stuff in. You copy the specified folder and its contents. OMV assumes some basic familiarity with the Linux shell .

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You don't type stuff in. You copy the specified folder and its contents. OMV assumes some basic familiarity with the Linux shell .

I found that folder on my PC and I saw it and played around with it and it is fine, but I would like to install it on my NAS, because I will leave my PC turned off.

• Ok, so after doing a lot of reading and asking on the Plex forum, this is what I can get done:

My server is called NAS, so I have this:
    root@NAS:/#
    then do the following:

Code
    cd /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Vault103/plexmediaserver/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/
    sudo wget https://github.com/ukdtom/WebTools.bundle/releases/download/2.4.1/WebTools.bundle.zip
    sudo apt-get install unzip -y
    sudo unzip WebTools*
    sudo rm -rf WebTools.bundle.zip
    sudo chown plex:plex -R ./WebTools.bundle
    sudo reboot

it doesnt work .

then I double check with

Code
    ls -la

and I can see the permission look fine (or should be):

I am not sure what I am missing :(

any help would be appreciated

• Well, I managed to install it but I cant get into the tool. I get the error:
    This site can’t be reached

I followed this tutorial for a raspberry pi< not sure if it was right:
    Installing WebTools utility on Raspberry Pi Plex Media Server

Very new at all this but I followed your steps... Everything works over here lol.

Huge typo in your dir path. Also not sure if it helps but mine was in "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins".

Can you see the channel in the channel section of PMS?

Also its yourserverip:33400

Hope you can get yours working

• After 7 months of had thrown the towel on this. I managed to make it work.

I had the wrong location the whole time.... oh God... The right location was here

Code
    cd /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/

Now I have access to rthe new webtools 3.0.0

well, it is better to get something to work later than never lol

• Ok, just coming back to this.

Just thinking on leaving my solution cleared.

This is what I did to get the unsupported app working in my NAS server for Plex.

Code
    cd /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/
    sudo wget https://github.com/ukdtom/WebTools.bundle/releases/download/3.0.0/WebTools.bundle.zip
    sudo apt-get install unzip -y
    sudo unzip WebTools*
    sudo rm -rf WebTools.bundle.zip
    sudo chown plex:plex -R ./WebTools.bundle
    sudo reboot

on line 1, I am using the right location. Before I was setting everything up on the svr\ folder.

on line 2, the latest webtool 3.0 will be downloaded.

• I think it is important to mention that the path

/var/lib/plexmediaserver/

is the path to the library of plexmedia as specified in the plugin of docker. So it can vary on different installations depending on the configuration.

Yes, you are right, but for some strange reason, when I used to check the location on the plex plugin settings, it was saying the location was on svr/ folder, until I finally googled it and read someone saying it was on var/ folder.

I am at the office but I will double check when I get home to see if I am not seeing stuff lol

I couldn't make plex working on docker (I haven't had time to figure it out) so that is why I am using the plugin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!