How to recompile Realtek drivers for Odroid XU4?

• Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but I have been having issues with my samba shares being slow. Because I have OMV installed on an XU4 I cannot upgrade to 3.0, without losing all of my configurations and data. Is there any way to download the source for the Realtek chip (Realtek RTL8153-CG) and compile it on the XU4 then override the current drivers. I'm hoping that it will fix my issue with the shares.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Read this before you try compiling drivers - http://beomagi.blogspot.com/20…droid-xu4-my-new-nas.html

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I followed that guide and my speed is still at ~2Mbps, I'm at a loss at why my device has such slow performance using samba

Did you try the samba tuning guides on this forum? Some of it has to do with the client asking for protocols not supported. So min and max protocol helps many times.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Did you try the samba tuning guides on this forum? Some of it has to do with the client asking for protocols not supported. So min and max protocol helps many times.

I have tried a few, I have my current set up as min=smb1 and max=smb2, with a few different things that like read and write raw, no delay on TCP, don't sign the server etc. I have tried different types of combinations of those and nothing as helped that situation.

Side note: Would you prefer me to make a new post on the SMB/CIFS forum as this is the only issue the XU4 is great, I just want to figure out why when I try to move things from the server to my personal pc or from one server share to another I get snail pace speeds.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would you prefer me to make a new post on the SMB/CIFS forum

No. It is fine here.

min=smb1 and max=smb2

I assume you were shortening what you really put in the options? I don't have a working XU4 anymore. So, I can't really help much more.

• I assume you were shortening what you really put in the options? I don't have a working XU4 anymore. So, I can't really help much more.

Yes I can list the entire settings here:

Code
    read size = 65536
    read prediction = true
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
    write raw = yes
    read raw = no
    max xmit = 65535
    max protocol = SMB2
    min protocol = SMB1
    server signing = disabled

Is there a more pointed XU4 section on the website? I'm wondering if someone else has had this issue. I am currently using EXT4 formatting for all of my drives, I have always not bothered with NTFS because of the huge overhead in a Linux system. Is that a possible issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a more pointed XU4 section on the website? I'm wondering if someone else has had this issue.

Did you try min protocol = SMB2? I never used any settings when my XU4s were working and I got faster speeds than that. It depends on the clients too. Did you try the odroid forum?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure if it would work but you could try install the backports samba 4 package.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How would I go about doing that?

What is the output of: apt-cache policy samba4*

• What is the output of: apt-cache policy samba4*

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would make a backup before any of this....

apt-get -t wheezy-backports install samba=4.1.17+dfsg-1~bpo70+1

• Offizieller Beitrag

Missed the 2: when copying. apt-get -t wheezy-backports install samba=2:4.1.17+dfsg-1~bpo70+1

• My bad, I haven't had my coffee yet :P

What flag do I need to force the dependencies I'm completely blanking on which one gets or builds them.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The odroid doesn't have the backports repo pinned at a higher value. So, you need to specify each package it wants with the version string or add the pinning.

• The odroid doesn't have the backports repo pinned at a higher value. So, you need to specify each package it wants with the version string or add the pinning.

I tried doing it installing one package at a time it completely wiped out the system and uninstalled a lot of open media vault plugins and I could not get back to the web console (thank you for recommending to backup). Would changing the pinning of the wheezy-backports.list help at all? How do I go about changing the pinning for that file?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It should tell you if it is going to uninstall a package.

echo "deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main contrib non-free" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/backports.list

echo "Package: libtalloc2 libtdb1 libwbclient0 samba-common samba samba-common-bin" > /etc/apt/preferences.d/99backports.pref
    echo "Pin: release a=jessie-backports" >> /etc/apt/preferences.d/99backports.pref
    echo "Pin-Priority: 995" >> /etc/apt/preferences.d/99backports.pref

apt-get install samba

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!