ShellInABox - Create Link for SSH console access without Links-plugin?

• Hi,
    the Links-plugin isn´t yet ported to OMV 3 - and maybe it will not. I have used it in OMV 2.x to create a link for Shellinabox to open a SSH session to my NAS via the Terminal-tab.

Please can anybody explain to me what to do instead? Without that link I get this message:

301 Moved Permanently
    nginx

Thankx in advance.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't have any plans to port the links plugin.

As for the link, not sure what you are trying but https://ip_address:4200/ should work.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As for the link, not sure what you are trying but https://ip_address:4200/ should work.

Yes, it works, but this is similar as the "Web Client" - button in the Shellinabox plugin.

I am trying to get the "Terminal"-tab working as in OMV2 to get an iFrame window with the console login. Actually I get:

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

The following commands run as root will allow the iframe tab to work:

echo 'OMV_NGINX_SITE_WEBGUI_SECURITY_CSP_ENABLE=0' >> /etc/default/openmediavault
    echo 'OMV_NGINX_SITE_WEBGUI_SECURITY_XFRAMEOPTIONS_ENABLE="NO"' >> /etc/default/openmediavault
    omv-mkconf nginx
    systemctl restart nginx

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• It works great! Thanks a lot!

One last question for this topic - hopefully :)
    When I am logged in at the iframe tab and then browse to another place in the WebUI and then go back to the iframe tab, I get a new login request. Is this an intended behavior of the iframe window or why didn´t the system remember that I am already logged in?

Sorry for my English. :/

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I am logged in at the iframe tab and then browse to another place in the WebUI and then go back to the iframe tab, I get a new login request. Is this an intended behavior of the iframe window or why didn´t the system remember that I am already logged in?

iframes are weird things that doesn't act like new tabs. Hard to say how different programs will act.

• Set thread state to "solved".

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Isn't a risk if you let the iFrame to run as root?

An iframe is client side only. So, it isn't running as root. Whatever is in the frame is running with the same privileges as it would in its own tab.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!