NextCloud Installation Q & A

• Thank you anyway, I'll check out the docker setup by myself, maybe my experiences are good enough to write a tutorial.

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• I have NextCloud installed on OMV 3.0.96 running from a 16GB USB Stick on Microserver Gen10, everything is working fine except when I want to upload big files.
    The problem is that the file is uploaded to a temp folder somewhere on USB drive and I heave only 10Gb free space and I can't upload files bigger thatn 10GB and eventually that drive will wear out from R/W.
    Can I change that temp folder to point to another SATA disk?

• check your pool configuration

Code
    env[TMP] = /tmp
    env[TMPDIR] = /tmp
    env[TEMP] = /tmp

Terry Pratchett

• I have tried to configure it like this:
    env[TMP] = /srv/52559f90-1d49-4c27-93a2-63f2a2abff5b/www/nextcloud/tmp
    env[TMPDIR] = /srv/52559f90-1d49-4c27-93a2-63f2a2abff5b/www/nextcloud/tmp
    env[TEMP] = /srv/52559f90-1d49-4c27-93a2-63f2a2abff5b/www/nextcloud/tmp

But it still uses USB Drive (sde1) to temporarily save files.

• Hello,
    I'm a bit confused: I've tried to install nextcloud on my raspberry using this excellent guide. No problem unitl I've passed the initial install webpage from nc. After this, I'm redirected to a https page which gives ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR since I have no certificate (yet) . When trying to reach the same page but with http I get error 503: too many redirects.

So, is it necessary to have an certificate when setting up nc? The guide states the following in this regards:

thanks for the advice

• For fresh installs i use already https, but with a self signed cert and replace it afterwards with letsencrypt. But it should make no difference. You can start with letsencrypt or even with plain http.

Terry Pratchett

• Well, If it's possible to start with plain http, why do I get a 503: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS?

I've read through this bugrepport, but I'f I'm right the nginx.conf as described in the guide does have the correct order of fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.*)$; & include fastcgi_params; (see at the bottom).

So: could it be there is something wrong with my nginx.conf? Here it is (the same as in the guide):

• I reinstalled OMV and had a hard time to get nextcloud working. Here are a few things I had to change:

• I got the error The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting. Solved this by commenting out both lines of add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN";
    • To get letsencrypt working I had to add location ^~ /.well-known/acme-challenge/ { } to extra options.
    • For creating a new server nginx has to be enabled. I thought I could enable it afterwards.

Will the renewal of the letsencrypt certificate work if I enable fastcgi_param HTTPS? In extra options there is the command

Code
    location = /.well-known/carddav {
    return 301 $scheme://$host/remote.php/dav;
    }

and right under it a second time. Is this necessary?

• Use this line if you're using LE: location ^~ /.well-known/acme-challenge/ { }

fastcgi_param HTTPS is for SSL, so enable it to use for LE is make sense.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• The setup guide is too long, so it won't allow me to do anymore update.
    Not everybody use Let's Encrypt, so they have to read this thread.
    Reading is really important if you want to learn :)

Maybe when I use OMV4 in the future, I'll post another installation guide.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• This guide helped me a lot but I'm not familiar with nginx. So it took me hours to get a letsencrypt certificate. I didn't even know what the problem was. Searching for "challenge failed" revealed no working solution. I don't think that it has to be mentioned in this guide but it should be mentioned somewhere in the forum. I hope that if someone has the same problem he will find this thread.

Btw I think that nextcloud + letsencrypt is a relatively common combination. ;)

• my opinion for letsencrypt was a sharedfolder it names "vhosts". In this i make a direktorry with mydns.com
    The rights for the folders are:
    vhosts:
    owner www-data with right/write/execute
    groop: user with right/write/execute
    other write/ execute
    mydns.com:
    owner root with right/write/execute
    groop: www-data with right/write/execute
    other write/ execute

in the nginx options you must add:
    location /.well-known {
    alias /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data1/vhosts/mydns.com/.well-known;}

and put in the Letsencrypt options in Webroot:
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data1/vhosts/mydns.com

Thats work on my omv4

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• This guide helped me a lot but I'm not familiar with nginx. So it took me hours to get a letsencrypt certificate. I didn't even know what the problem was. Searching for "challenge failed" revealed no working solution. I don't think that it has to be mentioned in this guide but it should be mentioned somewhere in the forum. I hope that if someone has the same problem he will find this thread.

Btw I think that nextcloud + letsencrypt is a relatively common combination. ;)

Hello, have you search correctly ? read Let's Encrypt Plugin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!