NextCloud Installation Q & A

• Yes, also my opinion.. I think i've made an error with the servername/domain. This needs to be the same in your nginx conf and let's encrypt plugin i think? Is there something else i need to pay attention to before generating a certificate?

• In LE the web root is
    /var/www/openmediavault/
    the domain your noip domain

In nginx extra options the server_name is your noip domain.
    The rest as described in this thread.

Yes, i've done it in that way. Only other thing i have changed in nginx options is the access permission for the '.well-known' directory otherwise i received a 403 permission denied error.
    I added these lines before generating certificate ;

• Just to recap on 404 Not Found issue
    if you get something like this:
    2018/04/11 14:34:03 [error] 2292#0: *1057 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.100, server: , request: "GET /setup-nextcloud.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/fpm-32a2476e-7999-4df4-99b9-53432153b9b2.sock:", host: "192.168.1.27:81"
    with file name that you are looking for that can be sorted with changing PHP Default seting turning ON and OFF, strangely i had to try few times, and for me it works with setting turned ON.
    if you get something like this:
    2018/04/10 18:39:24 [error] 29588#0: *4 open() "/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-0/www/nextcloud/robots.txt" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 192.168.1.100, server: , request: "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.1.27:90"
    or
    2018/04/11 07:26:17 [crit] 23485#0: *4 stat() "/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-0/www/nextcloud/favicon.ico" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 192.168.1.100, server: , request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.1.27:81"20
    that is permission issue, www-data:www-data has to have permission on entire path to Nextcloud folder. you can chek that by issiuing:
    sudo -g www-data stat /path/to/your/nextcloud
    for group and
    sudo -u www-data stat /path/to/your/nextcloud
    for user
    I had
    root@openmediavault:~# sudo -u www-data stat /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-0/www/nextcloud

stat: cannot stat '/srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-0/www/nextcloud': Permission denied
    for user
    and
    root@openmediavault:~# sudo -g www-data stat /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-0/www/nextcloud
    File: /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-0/www/nextcloud

Size: 432 Blocks: 0 IO Block: 4096 directory

Device: 2ch/44d Inode: 319444 Links: 1

Access: (2775/drwxrwsr-x) Uid: ( 33/www-data) Gid: ( 33/www-data)

Access: 2018-04-15 20:27:24.195046030 +0200

Modify: 2018-03-31 19:52:47.175290573 +0200

Change: 2018-04-15 21:47:41.786165039 +0200

Birth: -
    for group
    the solution is to change permission for each folder in the path:
    chmod +x /path
    chmod +x /path/to
    chmod +x /path/to/your
    chmod +x /path/to/your/nextcloud
    you can use g+x for group and u+x for user
    unfortunately for me none of those worked and i have created new place for nextcloud, it doesnt have to be in www folder.

• I've followed your guide and I can access nextcloud locally via http :) How do I get it to work with lets encrypt (Https) - Have a domain :)? Can not find it anywhere in the guide besides you say it easily :)

I think it's easier to troubleshoot if you would describe the problem you are facing a little bit more. Did you activate SSL and created a certificate like it's written in chapter 1f?

• Okay, I had made a stupid error. The root of my nextcloud was not /var/www/openmediavault but /srv/XXXX (my external drive pool).

Anyway, to sum things up: I changed openmediavault to another port and put nextcloud on 80 (no need anyway for openmediavault to be externally available or not through https anyway). So I followed the guidelines for letsencrypt and everything works now with ssl certificate :-).

• Yesterday I upgraded to OMV4. Everything works fine except for nextcloud. When I try to open the nextcloud page I get

Code
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
    More details can be found in the server log.

Does anybody has the same issue or a clue how I can troubleshoot this?

• Check your Nextcloud dir permissions, and vhost config.

My permissions are
    drwxrwsr-x+ 14 www-data www-data 4.0K May 7 20:22 nextcloud

and the Extra Options of nginx

Sorry. I just saw that this tutorial doesn't work with php7. Maybe I should try the nextcloud docker image.
    I really appreciate your work here but I don't want to spend hours maintaining a private cloud in my free time.

• Hey!

Which user is used to write in the data path? Nextcloud tells me :

Your data directory is not writable

I tried www-data and my own user as owner and gave it full permission on the data folder.

edit: error log shows this:

"remoteAddr":"[IP-adress]","user":"--"... tried to connect...

It seems no user is used to try to access the site.

Please help me!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von flist () aus folgendem Grund: Update

• It telling you that the owner of the Nextcloud dir doesn't have write permission.

Double check it.
    Or you can start a clean installation.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!