NextCloud Installation Q & A

• Hello, have you search correctly ?

Since this is a Q&A I actually didn't want to start a discussion.
    You answered right after I solved my problem and decided to post here. But even if the thread had been there a few days earlier I don't think that it would have helped me a lot. Not because your answer is bad in any way but I simply don't know what to do with these information. None of the links you provided have the code location ^~ /.well-known/acme-challenge/ {} which I found helpful. But it gave me a few more keywords to search for and I kind of found the answer to my problem:

But how should a beginner like me know were to put these code snippets? Even better: How should I know that this is the problem und not my router which isn't forwarding port 443 correctly or nginx not listening to the right port?

• Since this is a Q&A I actually didn't want to start a discussion.You answered right after I solved my problem and decided to post here. But even if the thread had been there a few days earlier I don't think that it would have helped me a lot. Not because your answer is bad in any way but I simply don't know what to do with these information. None of the links you provided have the code location ^~ /.well-known/acme-challenge/ {} which I found helpful. But it gave me a few more keywords to search for and I kind of found the answer to my problem:

But how should a beginner like me know were to but these code snippets? Even better: How should I know that this is the problem und not my router which isn't forwarding port 443 correctly or nginx not listening to the right port?

Don't worry, we are all beginners here... and furthermore, not using our native language add more subtile complexity to understand the other people ...

Now to check the used ports in your servers, there is the netstats command ( apt-get install net-tools if not installed )
    using it will show your router listening to the 443 ports ...
    There is also (usually) your router webinterface that might give you a clue
    And finaly but not to forget, the server firewall rules to check ( or to dump with iptables -F BUT NOT ON A PRODUCTION SERVER OF COURSE !!! )

So i guess, like in "De La Fontaine" fables: try, try again until you succeed ... witch i am desperately trying to do !!!

• Unfortunately, I couldn't edit the installation guide b/c it's too long.

Add this line to Nginx codes for Let's Encrypt below 'Location = /robots...":

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Nine hours ago, i started a new thread about nextcloud12 and OMV4.x because reading 20 more pages of nextcloud Q&A related to omv3.x was painfull !

Unfortunately, i must say i am disappointed because no-one gave me an answer or even a small nod.

Thanks to tinh_x7 guide i was able to almost make it work. was able to get to the configuration screen:

Right after "finishing setup", i am pull to
    http://xx:8080/nextcloud/index.php/apps/files/ --> 404 not found.

I am stuck on this error for three weeks now, i have screw up two real install on my bench and three VM, and sorry, i am getting fucking mad !!!

Any clue, help will be mostly welcomme ... of course, i havent gave my setup ... witch i will gave if needed ... ( just kidding, i am putting a thred in form for a few minutes )

• Hello,

I've got litterally the same problem as @stratege1401, it has been hours that I'm working on it and i can't figure it out.
    I'm runnin too OMV4.X and NC 12.x

I can access throw the browser to any directory of nextcloud (by example /upgrade, i'm gonna have the page... for the upgrade) but if I'm trying to access to nextcloud, I've got the error 404. I can't even have the login screen.

If I'm looking into the log file (through the OMV interface) of Nginx, i'm getting that kind of message :

Ps : first time i'm using nginx, don't even know where logs are located and anything to fix the config or things (but I read don't touch the config file or I will break things, so I don't until I have to)

• Hello Stratege1401,

Patience and Learning are the keys to Computer troubleshooting and coding.
    I feel your pain, man.

I'm reading several threads regarding NC12 has issue on OMV4 has issue with Nginx.
    So check that first.
    Ensure the services and the correct ports are configured correctly.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• I just need to say thanks to @tinh_x7 for all the work he's done here. The biggest question i have is how in the world did you fugure out step 3 (3. Add this to your Nginx extra options). I swear I would be locked up in a nut house if I had to figure any of that out.

• I till run my OMV3 with NC 12.XXX and I want to upgrade to NC 13, but in the updater I get

• Check for expected files
    • The following extra files have been found:

• .well-known

from letsencrypt I guess. Up to now, I moved .well-known to another folder each time I updated NC, but this shoould be avoidable.
    I added

Code
    # LETSENCRYPT
    location ^~ /.well-known/acme-challenge/ {
        allow all;
    }

For NC+LE to work, but still got this error.

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• nc doesnt like any files or folders in his directory.

cp/move them to elsewhere.

it is a security features ...

• I just need to say thanks to @tinh_x7 for all the work he's done here. The biggest question i have is how in the world did you fugure out step 3 (3. Add this to your Nginx extra options). I swear I would be locked up in a nut house if I had to figure any of that out.

It's in the NextCloud settings at the end of the page.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Hi guys,

I installed the latest stable version of OMV. Nextcloud setup page access is right but after I fill the fields, I get an error:

Zitat von nextcloud

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'ncuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I wish use mariadb.
    Should I create user, database and set privileges via

Code
    mysql -u root -p

and so it will works ? nextcloud don't do that automatically ?

I already tried and failed so I am not sure about that.

Any idea ?
    Thanks.

• user and groub --> www-data -->read/write/execute
    all other read/write or nothing

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Ensure the NextCloud folder is own by: www-data:www-data
    If not, you can chown it to that.

OK I did that but it didn't help. Also in your screenshot it shows the root as the owner.

The problem is that I didn't mess with these intentionally. In OMV I was changing other folders outside /www and I used the "apply permission to files and subfolders" and it looks like it changed /www and /www/netcloud as well.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!