Locked user [NONAME] cannot be cleared

• Ever since I upgraded to OMV 3.0 I get alerts about locked users since a while back. The one which I cannot clear is the following:

Code
    Login           Failures Latest failure     From
    [NONAME]            5    12/07/15 11:52:13  unknown

Any suggestions, as OMV-Firstaid allows me to clear it but next day it's the same thing again.

• Did you ever find a solution here? I've had this problem for ages, but it finally has gotten on my nerves and I've decided to look into fixing it. So far...no luck.

• Anyone found a proper solution to this issue. It's really not something critical but rather annoying to get daily alerts about the "noname" user.

Error when trying to delete the failed login (omv-firstaid)

Code
    Reset failed login attempt counter for user '[NONAME]'.
    pam_tally2: pam_get_uid; no such user [NONAME]
    pam_tally2: Unknown user
    ERROR: Command '['pam_tally2', '--quiet', '--reset=0', '--user', '[NONAME]']' returned non-zero exit status 1

OMV Version: 4.1.9 (Arrakis)

• I have the same issue and no solution yet. A user was locked to multiple incorrect logins and afterwards deleted. Now I get a daily email reminder telling me user NONAME is locked - omv-firstaid is referenced as help, but it doesn't...

BTW: I'm using the current 4.1.26-1 (Arrakis). The thread itself is pretty old - but the problem seems to persist.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von KOENICH () aus folgendem Grund: addition of version

• I also got tired of the daily locked users emails, which led me here. The man page for pam_tally2 pointed me to running
    pam_tally2 --reset
    which deleted the remaining [NONAME] user, presumably by resetting the counts for all users.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!