SAMBA Shares and Windows Offline Files and Folders

• Hi All,

I have OMV 2.2.13 with the latest updates running on a HP MicroServer set up on a small peer-to-peer network with Windows 10 PC's and it's working fine for file sharing, etc. The users documents are stored in a SAMBA share called 'Documents' with an individual sub-folder for each user. I'm trying to set up folder redirection for the users 'My Documents' folders, but when I do so I continually get an error on the windows PC's complaining that the Recycle Bin on the users folder is corrupted.

I've searched through the forums, but haven't found anything relating specifically to this issue. I did find this article from Microsoft Using Offline Files with Samba / EMC Servers, & NAS Devices, but it's quite old and I'm not sure if it's still relevant so I haven't made the suggested changes to the SMB.conf file. I'm guessing it might be some sort of permissions issue, but the users don't have any problems reading & writing files in the Documents share, so I don't know which permissions I should be looking at.

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can provide on this.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!