Unable to update

• Due to change of router I've become unable to update my system and also have major problems running various services. I've got two servers with similar configurations (probably identical), however I've only got a problem with the new one (my major server, the old one is for testing and playing).

I've got access via the web interface and ssh, however I'm unable to do much of any use, such as accessing logitech mediaserver or plex, or simply do an update.

I've attempted several solutions including disabling extra repositories.

I've also tried dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf as suggested here, but the settings are unchanged after reboot:
    System not updating

I've also tried changing from dhcp to static ip.

Any other suggestions? Surely there must be a solution so I can get this excellent software working again.

I'm running version 3.0.64.

• When ssh'd in can you comandLine an update?

I had a similar issue, but running: sudo -- sh -c 'apt-get update; apt-get upgrade -y; apt-get dist-upgrade -y; apt-get autoremove -y' did the trick for me.

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • Nope :(

root@my-server:~# sudo -- sh -c 'apt-get update; apt-get upgrade -y; apt-get dist-upgrade -y; apt-get autoremove -y'
    Ign file: InRelease
    Ign file: Release.gpg
    Ign file: Release
    Ign file: Translation-en
    46% [Connecting to ftp.no.debian.org] [Connecting to security.debian.org] [Connecting ...
    Unable to resolve.

• I've not got access to my server from where I am now so I'm unable to post the output of
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    however I've got no doubt this is a DNS-issue. I attempted
    dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf
    to update /etc/resolv.conf but the settings remained unchanged. I've also tried changing from dhcp to static ip, but it hasn't solved the problem.

• root@server-with-dns-issue:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
    # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
    nameserver 84.208.20.110
    nameserver 84.208.20.111
    search e12b getinternet.no
    root@e12b-server:~#

root@working-server:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver 84.208.20.110
    nameserver 84.208.20.111
    search getinternet.no
    root@omv-e12b:~#

I spot one difference when comparing my servers, emphasized in bold, in output no one from the top. Is that the cause of my problems? How do I resolve it? In System --> Settings --> General e12b is specified as domain name for both servers.

• I've reconnected my router so both servers are now connected with the previously used IP-addresses. Both servers now appear to be working flawlessly.

root@server-which-had-dns-issue:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver 192.168.1.1
    search e12b

root@working-server:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver 192.168.1.1

The output of cat /etc/resolv.conf is displayed above, with the exact same setup as in the previous post. The only difference being a different local ip because of a different router. Hence, the DNS-issue is probably still present although not a problem at the moment, but will be when I have to change ip-adressess (which I may have to do in a few months because of a new fiber provider).

What do I do to prevent further problems related to dns?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!