[HELP] System booting into Emergency Mode

• Hello guys,

Im kinda lost and I dont know what to do at this point because my system doesnt start, booting into Emergency Mode after a fresh install.

So, my setup:
    Intel i7 970
    Asus P6X58D-E
    2 x 4GB Kingstom HyperX DDR3 Ram

HDDs:
    4 x 3TB Seagate NAS
    1 x 3TB WD Red
    1 x Samsung 850Evo 120G
    1 x Samsung 850Evo 250G
    1 x Kingston V300 120G
    1 x USB Stick: Kingston HyperX Fury 3.0 16G

Just a bit of background: The last system I tried was Unraid, 2 of those Seagate NAS and the Samsung 120G are from Unraid with XFS. They contain my data and I cant format them yet, working on it when OMV decides to work again.
    My installation in on the USB stick because using a full drive just for the OS is a waste of space and resources. If I could do partitions for the OS, I would use an SSD although I would rather have something dedicated. I know of the risk of the USB stick dying, but I dont care, it has 5 years warranty lol.

My story regarding OMV, I installed it for the first time a few days ago to try it, I was messing around with it a bit recklessly, basically just installing stuff without checking how to, rebooted a few times and at the end of the day, I reboot it and went into Emergency Mode.
    I enjoy OMV and I like how its implemented so last night I did a fresh install to take it seriously. The installation went fine, I managed to mount all my drives and create a partition on my Raid 5, created some SMB shares, copied a bunch of data from one drive to the Raid and everything was fine, I turned the system off, go to bed, this morning "Emergency Mode" again...
    This time the system had 0 plugins installed and no configurations done other than mounting drives and creating a couple shares. Its literally a fresh install with default settings.

Here some errors Im getting:

Any ideas guys?

Thank you

• First tip: Based on http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/wily/man8/fsck.8.html your filesystem has some errors (see exit code 4).

Ok, so I went messing around with fsck wihouth sucess lol, he would tell me that the drive was in use, etc and not do anything.

Due to that I decided to test removing all drives and the system booted.
    Since that error seems to be from one of the SSDs, I reconnected all the HDDs except the SSDs and the system booted fine.

So thank you for getting me on a path ^^

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!