ZFS-plugin error: The method 'set' does not exist for the RPC service 'ZFS'

• I get an error message while trying to close the objects detail (read-only-)view from my ZFS-pool:

The method 'set' does not exist for the RPC service 'ZFS'

The Show details:

I am on openmediavault-zfs 3.0.10.

Is it possible to make an issue report also in http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/? I don´t want to join GitHub only for this reason.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to make an issue report also in bugtracker.openmediavault.org/? I don´t want to join GitHub only for this reason.

No point, zfs is part of omvextras. Unfortunately the main developer who was maintaining this plugin cannot do any more.
    You can post it at github as it will get to more developers there than here, Hope this is an easy fix.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Fixed in zfs plugin 3.0.11. Not the best way to fix it but it works. I will change the window type to not require a set method.

• I am getting a similar error message when trying to expand my existing Mirror to RAIDZ1 by adding an additional hard drive. OMV 3.0.74 w/ latest openmediavault-zfs 3.0.16 package

Code: The data model rpc.zfs.exportpool does not exist.
    Fehler #0: exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'The data model 'rpc.zfs.exportpool' does not exist.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/datamodel/manager.inc:149 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(42): OMV\DataModel\Manager->getModel('rpc.zfs.exportp...') #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(169): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->__construct('rpc.zfs.exportp...') #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/zfs.inc(432): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.zfs.exportp...') #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceZFS->expandPool(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('expandPool', Array, Array) #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ZFS', 'expandPool', Array, Array, 1) #7 {main}
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Fixed in 3.0.17

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Fixed in 3.0.17

damn, that was very quick. Unfortunately I still receive an error after upgrading to 3.0.17 however. In fact looks like the very same to me:

Code: The data model rpc.zfs.exportpool does not exist.
    Fehler #0: exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'The data model 'rpc.zfs.exportpool' does not exist.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/datamodel/manager.inc:149 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(42): OMV\DataModel\Manager->getModel('rpc.zfs.exportp...') #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(169): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->__construct('rpc.zfs.exportp...') #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/zfs.inc(432): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.zfs.exportp...') #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceZFS->expandPool(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('expandPool', Array, Array) #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ZFS', 'expandPool', Array, Array, 1) #7 {main}
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Should be fixed in 3.0.18.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• getting a different error message now, sorry for the trouble. my pool now says DEGRADED after I rebooted as advised

Code
    Fehler #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; parted -s /dev/sda mklabel gpt 2>&1' with exit code '1': Error: Partition(s) 1 on /dev/sda have been written, but we have been unable to inform the kernel of the change, probably because it/they are in use. As a result, the old partition(s) will remain in use. You should reboot now before making further changes.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(395): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1) #1 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(25): OMVModuleZFSUtil::exec('parted -s /dev/...', Array, 1) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/zfs.inc(460): OMVModuleZFSUtil::setGPTLabel('/dev/sda') #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceZFS->expandPool(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('expandPool', Array, Array) #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ZFS', 'expandPool', Array, Array, 1) #7 {main}

UPDATE: the pool is gone !

root@vault:~# zpool status
    no pools available
    root@vault:~# zpool import tank
    cannot import 'tank': no such pool available

• You can try

zpool import -f tank.

This -f flag is necessary if the pool was not cleanly exported previously.

Importing ZFS storage pools

Btw: I didn´t no that is is possible to expand a zfs mirror to a raidz1 at all. But indeed it should be. I found this article How to turn a mirror in to a RAID, but it is a quite complicated process and I am surprised that this should be possible by the ZFS plugin. The 'Expand'-button can only add another vdev actually.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• does that mean it's completely gone?

Sorry, but I can´t answer this question, because I have never had this problem. Hopefully, you have a recent backup of your data?

Maybe this information is usefull for you: Recovering Destroyed ZFS Storage Pools

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Should be fixed in 3.0.18.

@ryecoaaron: I am a little bit scared about using the new plugin version, because of @disrupted´s problems. Although I didn´t know, what was going on exactly in his case when he was trying to expand his pool. Nevertheless I didn´t want to loose my pool in any case.

Difficult to decide how to proceed.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am a little bit scared about using the new plugin version, because of @disrupted´s problems. Although I didn´t know, what was going on exactly in his case when he was trying to expand his pool. Nevertheless I didn´t want to loose my pool in any case.

Difficult to decide how to proceed.

The zfs pool missing or not being able to be imported has nothing to do with the plugin's recent changes. The bugs in the plugin only caused web interface issues - details popup not working, filesystems tab error and datamodel not existing (which would only keep that function from running). I don't use zfs but these seem more like issues caused by the change from mirror to raid-z1.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!