How can I use the Nginx plugin to create a reverse proxy for the Let's Encrypt plugin?

• I followed a guide on this forum to get NextCloud working via the Nginx plugin. I then activated two-factor authentication in NextCloud so that it would be as secure as possible from the outside world and installed the Let's Encrypt plugin to auto renew my certificate and wrap everything in HTTPS. My setup is working great, except I had to open the OMV admin web-page to the world in order for Let's Encrypt to do it's auto-renewal. The plugin tells me I should "...use a reverse proxy to direct all of Let's Encrypt validation calls to yourdomain.tld..." Unfortunately I've pushed way beyond my skill set. Can someone point me to some documentation that would be applicable for setting up a reverse proxy in OMV's Nginx plugin? So far all I can find are instructions for Nginx in Debian or Ubuntu via command-line. I can work in the command-line, but I'm not always comfortable as things tend to be slightly different in OMV.

• I followed a guide on this forum to get NextCloud working via the Nginx plugin. I then activated two-factor authentication in NextCloud so that it would be as secure as possible from the outside world and installed the Let's Encrypt plugin to auto renew my certificate and wrap everything in HTTPS. My setup is working great, except I had to open the OMV admin web-page to the world in order for Let's Encrypt to do it's auto-renewal. The plugin tells me I should "...use a reverse proxy to direct all of Let's Encrypt validation calls to yourdomain.tld..." Unfortunately I've pushed way beyond my skill set. Can someone point me to some documentation that would be applicable for setting up a reverse proxy in OMV's Nginx plugin? So far all I can find are instructions for Nginx in Debian or Ubuntu via command-line. I can work in the command-line, but I'm not always comfortable as things tend to be slightly different in OMV.

A little google searching goes a long way :)

https://serverfault.com/questi…th-an-nginx-reverse-proxy

This should point you in the proper direction :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!