Deactivate Email-notification for login?

• Hello,

after an update a few days ago, I receive the following mail for each login to the webgui:

There are two threads without a solution ~ 1 year old:

webui email notification for every login - where to configure?
    Mail notification each time I log into Web-GUI, how to switch off?

Is there a solution now? Like a conf-file in which I can change the reason for the notification manually? In the Webgui, there isn't an option for "Login-Notification".

Thanks for your help in advance.

• This thread is the first hit for a google search "openmediavault login notification" so I thought I would share my experience with this issue.

I believe the intended behavior is to send an email when a login occurs the first time from a particular browser. OMV creates a login cookie after a successful login that I assume is intended to allow it to know for the next login to not send the email.

What I found was that a new login cookie was being created each time I logged in, until the third cookie was created. I got 3 emails. When I logged in the fourth time, no additional login cookie was created and no email was sent.

I don't know if this experience is unique to me, but if you are having this issue, try logging in 4 times and see if the emails stop after 3.

• The same thing is happening to me with the latest version of OMV 4, and it is very annoying, every time I login I receive an e-mail.
    I think that some bug has been introduced with some of the updates, since previously this did not happen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!