RPi3 and WiFi only

• Good evening,

This evening I started to deploy OMV on a RPi3 using the latest image available.
    Once deployed I have added testing & community repo's and update the system.

I am facing a very strange behaviour with the on-board networks though.
    I have enabled both eth0 and wlan0. If I leave the ethernet cable plugged in (and connected) then I can browse to both the RPi IP's (the LAN and the WLAN ones).
    As soon as I unplug the ethernet cable, OMV becomes unreachable and I cannot browse to its webpage or connect via SSH.
    If I re-plug the ethernet cable all return functional and I can connect via HTTPS or SSH on both the IP's.

I thought it might have been losing the connection however checking the router administration page I can see the RPI connected and transmitting/receiving data.
    Even after a reboot (that would disconnect and re-connect from the Wireless LAN), I can see it connects successfully to the router however for some reason it is unreachable via SSH or HTTPS.

Just to tule out the obvious I have tried with different clients as well, some wired, other wireless.

I have tried with both static and dynamic IP's, that made no difference.

I might plug in another Wireless dongle (I have a spare D-Link DWA-121) just to see if it works using that one.
    Nevertheless I thought to post on the board, just to see if anyone else has seen this odd behaviour?

Regards,
    Tommy

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

• Turned out to be an issue with the image.
    Re-downloading the image and rewriting the SD card addressed the issue.

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!