OMV 3.0.66 watchdog bug soft lockup..?

• Hello!

I recently put together my second server with OMV, this time I chose OMV 3. =)

My problem is tho;

NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU and then on all cores?

Currently its running from a 16 GB usb 3 Samsung usbkey, which I am going to replace with an SSD. <- is this the problem or what can I do to fix it?

Thanks!

Hardware

AMD FX-Series FX-8350 4,0GHz 8 cores
    Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
    Crucial BallistixSport 2x8GB 1600MHz

Cooler Master B500 V2 500W

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can't read the screen but I would make sure you are using the 4.9 kernel. Is the usb key old? I haven't seen watchdog cause a problem when the usb key is failing but it is possible. If the stick is old, the OMV logging could cause it to start failing in a couple of days with the flashmemory plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Can't read the screen but I would make sure you are using the 4.9 kernel. Is the usb key old? I haven't seen watchdog cause a problem when the usb key is failing but it is possible. If the stick is old, the OMV logging could cause it to start failing in a couple of days with the flashmemory plugin.

Thanks for your reply!
    Uploaded picture with better quality: https://ibb.co/mrQqka

The stick is brand new.

Should I turn off logging?

flashmemory plugin, I dont have it installed, should I?

EDIT: I installed it, stupid of me to have missed that one. Remains to be seen if it will help my problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't think installing flashmemory will fix the problem but it will prevent your usb stick from being written to death.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Late reply I know. But only upgraded recently, had the same issue.

Kernel bug, related to Nouveau driver. Which manifests in cpu softlock and disk IO. Super strange.
    (note: my omv box is an all-in-one solution for me, which performs nas duties, as well as app server and cuda programming. That's why it has a Geforce graphics card although headless)

Fix :
    > vi /etc/default/grub

Edited the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line to this
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="nomodeset".
    > update-grub

Alternative fix : install latest nvidia driver.

Read about it here :
    https://askubuntu.com/question…uck-for-23s-nvidia-smi566

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!