Different transferrates for SMB and DLNA via WLAN

• Hi,

I have set up my NAS with openmediavault 3.X, added a 3TB WD Red and created a filesystem including SMB share. All clients are able to connect to this SMB share via one created user. If I transfer data (big files up to 6GB) via LAN I receive pretty good transfer rates of about ~ 70 MB/s (value determined via the normal screen on windows). But If I transfer data to an android phone or tablet by using the apps "solid explorer" or "total commander" which also have access to the SMB share I only receive a transfer rate of ~ 4 MB/s.

Iperf shows me a bandwith of 228 Mbit/s which are about 28 MB/s between my phone and the NAS (WLAN, 5GHz, AC). So I was confused about the low transfer rate of 4 MB/s since I at least expected something about 10-15 MB/s or even higher.

What I did then was creating DLNA shares by using the MiniDLNA plugin. The android app "BubbleUPNP" allows to download files. And if I use this app I get higher transfer rates. The app does not show exactly how high, but I expect about 10-15 MB/s, maybe higher.

So my question to you guys is now, why are the transfer rates so much different between SMB and DLNA and is there a way to improve this. Since I get 10-15 MB/s via DLNA I expect this to be no hardware or WLAN issue. The reason why I ask is that using apps like solid explorer or total commander is easier to handle than the DLNA download.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Greenkeeper

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!