Plex Streaming Slowness Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to use Plex with a Tivo Bolt and Tivo Mini from my OMV setup. When trying to use this setup, videos are often very slow or don't stream at all. If I host the videos on SAMBA shares and stream from Kodi Raspberry Pi Boxes everything works properly. I am wanting to find ways to speed things up since videos don't always work. Is it possible to do this?

My OMV setup is quite old, I am using:

HP ProLiant N40L with 8 GB of RAM
    4 x Hitachi 3TB 7200RPM Drives

If their aren't any ways to sped up Plex, any suggestions for an affordable replacement server?

Thanks!

• Hello,
    Please try this:

Go to Plex Server options
    Go to Transcoder
    Set values like this (temp folder can be any other but /tmp is prefered)

Eventually you can change 1st option from Automatic to Prefer high speed encoding

Please give feedback :)

Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
    Don't ask me via PM!

• The N40L is not powerful enough to transcode. You could upgrade to a Gen8 microserver, which should be able to transcode one HD stream, or you could replace the Tivo boxes with Raspberry Pis, which can read pretty much anything except H265 without transcoding.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!