Slow NFS

• Current goal I'm testing with OMV is to take backup snapshots of a VMWare ESXI server.

Old Config: ESXI NFS mount to FreeNAS on dedicated gBit connection (6 year old 2.4g processor, 1gb ram mirrored 2TB drive)

New Config: ESXI NFS mount to OMV on dedicated gBit connection (i5 processor, 6gb ram, 8 3tb drives in raid 50 with 3Ware 9650SE-8LPML controller)

All 3 dedicated connections are all into the same switch on the same broadcast space.

Transfer rates to OLD 250Mbps
      Transfer rates to NEW 70Mbps

If I mount the OLD's share on NEW and copy files from OLD to NEW I reach transfer rates of 600Mbps
      If I mount the OLD's share on NEW and copy files from NEW to OLD I reach transfer rates of 200Mbps
      If I mount the NEW's share on OLD and copy files from OLD to NEW I reach transfer rates of 70Mbps
      If I mount the NEW's share on OLD and copy files from NEW to OLD I reach transfer rates of 250Mbps

From the looks of this, it appears to be the NFS server on the the NEW that is the source of the problem. (the 200-250Mbps rates seem to be a limit of the drive on the OLD server)

Anything recommented to tweak? I'm seeing a noticeable load on the new server as well.

Dave