Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards

• Thanks tkaiser I will keep an eye on this forum to determine when omv5 is ready for primetime and use the recommended script to install. Omv4 is still working perfect on my rpi3 so no real reason to make the move.

• Omv4 is still working perfect on my rpi3 so no real reason to make the move

Since neither OMV5 nor its prerequisite (Debian Buster) is ready yet it's an adventure anyway. One way to check out OMV5 on an RPi 3/3+ is to grab the preliminary 64-bit Debian Buster image for RPi 3 and then continue als already explained. But since a 64-bit OS has a higher memory footprint trying this on something with just 1 GB RAM is no good idea anyway...

• I tried to do a fresh install now on armbian like @tkaiser suggested but the omv install fails. It's quite hard to get anything copied from the console because the gui appears quite quickly.

I could copy this output on the second attempt to install omv (so armbian wasn't virgin anymore at this state because once the omv install failed already).

First line I could observe was this on here:

Code
    /usr/sbin/softy: line 587: [: 24298: unary operator expected

followed by (I think few lines are missing in between):

It was a fresh armbian install with a fresh image. I just were running apt update+upgrade once before I executed the installer.

MOGA
    Make OMV great again!
    Make Virtual Box running!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von R2D2 ()

• I tried to do a fresh install now on armbian like @tkaiser suggested but the omv install fails. It's quite hard to get anything copied from the console because the gui appears quite quickly.

Which gui? Anyway:

/usr/sbin/softy: line 587: [: 24298: unary operator expected

This line is empty: https://github.com/armbian/con…bc4a/debian-software#L587

So no idea what you're trying to do but what I tried to explain previously was how to get an OMV5 install today (which requires using a Debian/Armbian Buster image in the first place while you seem to be using a Stretch image?)

• Which gui? Anyway:

The 'softy' installer retro gui:

I want to have the latest stable release (omv 4) so I went with a debian stretch (Armbian_5.83 image). I did apt update/upgrade and it also updated the armbian-config package (which should include the installer?) and pushed Armbian to v 5.85 stable. So I should be on the latest and greatest version.

I don't know what's wrong... ?(

EDIT.: And I install as root (I canceled the dialog to create a (su)user)... could this be a/the problem?

• So I should be on the latest and greatest version

No. I was referring to pull the latest version of the script directly from Github. You chose to use armbian-config from apt.armbian.com (Igor controls this repo and I have not the slightest idea how often he updates stuff, I also have not the slightest idea how he deals with problems in his software, usually he doesn't respond, see here or there). Anyway: what you're trying makes no sense. Just use the NanoPi M4 image from Sourceforge. If you want to continue with armbian-config be prepared to open an issue on Github if it still doesn't work as expected.

The above was only to outline how one would today try out OMV5 on ARM. Once Debian Buster is ready and then once OMV5 is ready (2020? Or maybe still in 2019?) the armbian-config variant most probably will work then. Until then this is stuff for somewhat experienced testers and developers.

• No. I was referring to pull the latest version of the script directly from Github.

I tried this now using this commands:

Zitat

1. wget https://raw.githubusercontent.…ig/master/debian-software

2. chmod 755 debian-software
    3. ./debian-software (running as root)

Errors look the same, I had the chance to copy a few lines again:

A chance to do proper debugging with the script doesn't exist? Like a log file or something?

Just use the NanoPi M4 image from Sourceforge

I try to get it running on a orange pi pc actually and their is no prebuilt image for my board. Btw. I don't intend to make a high speed nas out if it (I use my odroid HCs for this ;) )

• A chance to do proper debugging with the script doesn't exist?

Every bash script can be run in debug mode by executing it with /bin/bash -x in front. But it's pointless since the issue is a prior failed OMV installation attempt. You would need to clean your local apt database as the error messages already suggested and since there's an OMV4 image for your board the whole stuff makes no sense at all (same with Orange Pi PC for which you can simply use OMV_4_Orange_Pi_PC_Plus.img.xz since the only differences are (missing) eMMC and wireless).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!