I am done with my Netgear Router C6300

• just build it yourself with pfSense :)

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Miktotik if you want to build your own, else maybe a TP Link which supports OpenWRT/DD WRT.

check out routerboard

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've been running pfsense on compulab fitlet-X-lan for almost two years and it is great.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've been using a TP-Link (TL-WR841N V8). I upgraded it with DD-WRT which was easy and uneventful. DD-WRT is capable of VPN connections.
    ((In fact, some VPN providers have "how-to" instructions for setting up VPN connections with routers running DD-WRT.))

I've had the TP-Link running for two years now and it's been very reliable.
    They're still available at Micro Center, if you live close to one. At $19.00, it's one of the lowest cost DD-WRT capable routers out there.

http://www.microcenter.com/pro…less_N_Single_Band_Router

• well I am building out a pfSence box right now using a Lenovo ThinkCenter m58 SFFPC I got on eBay for $50
    add a 2 port intel pro PCIe card for $30 and a stick of RAM(no charge as I had an extra one) and swipe the HDD for SSD (optional).
    so now I have an Intel Core Duo (dual core @ 3GHz) with 6GB ram and 120SSD
    running Proxmox VE 4.3 (very optional but that's just my rebellious nature :P ) where I am building out a pfSense VM.

you do not have to run Proxmox, I just want to have an option to try out different router firewall distros or to have a backup fort when I play with the main router settings and screw it up.
    also you can probably get a later model PC nowadays. just make sure to research the models and get the one where you can swipe the MB if needed later and that can use addons PCIe cards as you will need to add a dual port card to it. I basically picked my because of the case build not specifically for specs.

for example "Lenovo ThinkCentre M82 SFF" works well, so is "Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p SFF"
    but 90m model would not, as it simply cannot be easily upgraded. the case design is for custom MB, can not accept a regular consumer grade MB.
    I have seen M82 on ebay for under $100. the M92p a bit higher.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!