Odd issue after 2.x->3.x upgrade

• Hi,

I've gone through an upgrade from 2.x->3.x, which seems to have worked reasonably well so far for the most part (couple of things needed reinstalling, no major drama apart from syncthing). However, there's a weird issue when using the webui to try and reboot the box. I get the following error message, and have to use a shell to perform the reboot:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Json\SchemaValidationException' with message ': The value is not an object.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc:391
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(285): OMV\Json\Schema->validateObject('null', Array, '')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(257): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType('null', Array, '')
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(59): OMV\Json\Schema->validate('null')
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(170): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->validate('null')
    #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/system.inc(124): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(NULL, 'rpc.system.rebo...')
    #5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSystem->reboot(NULL, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('reboot', NULL, Array)
    #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('System', 'reboot', NULL, Array, 1)
    #9 {main}

Is there a suggested fix for this?

Thanks,

PK.

• On further examination, things seem to be a little less stable than I'd have liked. I can't seem to get syncthing or plex to startup at all. With plex, I get the following in the systemd output:

root@spine:/lib/systemd/system# systemctl start plexmediaserver.service
    Job for plexmediaserver.service failed. See 'systemctl status plexmediaserver.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
    root@spine:/lib/systemd/system# journalctl -xn
    -- Logs begin at Mon 2017-05-01 12:07:35 BST, end at Mon 2017-05-01 13:12:42 BST. --
    May 01 13:07:53 spine rrdcached[1018]: rotating journals
    May 01 13:07:53 spine rrdcached[1018]: started new journal /var/lib/rrdcached/journal/rrd.journal.1493640473.374657
    May 01 13:09:01 spine CRON[8807]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    May 01 13:09:01 spine CRON[8808]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean)
    May 01 13:09:01 spine CRON[8807]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    May 01 13:12:42 spine systemd[1]: Starting Plex Media Server for Linux...
    -- Subject: Unit plexmediaserver.service has begun with start-up
    -- Defined-By: systemd
    -- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
    --
    -- Unit plexmediaserver.service has begun starting up.
    May 01 13:12:42 spine systemd[9278]: Failed at step EXEC spawning /bin/sh: Permission denied
    -- Subject: Process /bin/sh could not be executed
    --
    -- The process /bin/sh could not be executed and failed.
    --
    -- The error number returned while executing this process is 13.
    May 01 13:12:42 spine systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: control process exited, code=exited status=203
    May 01 13:12:42 spine systemd[1]: Failed to start Plex Media Server for Linux.
    -- Subject: Unit plexmediaserver.service has failed
    --
    -- Unit plexmediaserver.service has failed.
    --
    -- The result is failed.

I have reinstalled the plex plugin, which seems to have installed the right files, but it didn't help.

/bin/sh symlinks to dash, not sure if that's correct or not.

------------

Syncthing is similar, except I can't get it to even recognise the service after a re-installation:

root@spine:/lib/systemd/system# systemctl start syncthing
    Failed to start syncthing.service: Unit syncthing.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

This is again after a plugin removal and reinstallation.

----------

One last odd point is that even when I uninstalled the plex/syncthing plugins, they were still listed on the OMV dashboard. Is it somehow possible that an old plugin is still installed?

root@spine:/lib/systemd/system# dpkg -l | grep openmed
    ii openmediavault 3.0.73 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-docker-gui 3.1.8 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker
    ii openmediavault-forkeddaapd 3.1.8 all OpenMediaVault forked-daapd (DAAP server) plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-mysql 3.0.4 all MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.25 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    iU openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.8.1 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii openmediavault-syncthing 3.9 all Syncthing plugin for OpenMediaVault.

seems to imply that they're all up to date...

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

PK.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like you need a fresh install. One note though... there is no main service for syncthing. Each user has their own unit. So, you would start syncthing with systemctl start syncthing@username.service

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sounds like you need a fresh install. One note though... there is no main service for syncthing. Each user has their own unit. So, you would start syncthing with systemctl start syncthing@username.service

I was really hoping you weren't going to say that :)

Thanks for the hint on syncthing though, it started fine when I tried to add a user on the syncthing plugin. (Although there still seems to be a load of odd RPC errors in the schema that brings up an error dialog). Is there a way to "repair" the OMV install without blasting it all? I'm hoping to keep things moderately intact, including my RAID setup, etc...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any time you start seeing these weird permission and other odd errors, I think it takes more time to find the problem than reinstall. You won't lose your raid setup when reinstalling. You just need to reinstall, mount filesystems in the filesystems tab, create new users, create shared folders, and setup the plugins. It isn't too bad.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK, so one install later, seems to have gone smoothly, no obvious errors. Except I still get this when I try and reboot:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Json\SchemaValidationException' with message ': The value is not an object.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc:391
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(285): OMV\Json\Schema->validateObject('null', Array, '')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(257): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType('null', Array, '')
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(59): OMV\Json\Schema->validate('null')
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(170): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->validate('null')
    #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/system.inc(124): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(NULL, 'rpc.system.rebo...')
    #5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSystem->reboot(NULL, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('reboot', NULL, Array)
    #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('System', 'reboot', NULL, Array, 1)
    #9 {main}

Is this perhaps unrelated to my original upgrade?

Thanks,

PK.

• Not to ruin your evening as well, but I just performed an successful reboot using Vivaldi :) (using 1.9.818.44 (Stable channel) (64-bit) is you're curious)

Ah, interesting. Which platform are you running on? I just tried using Vivaldi on Linux (Kubuntu 17.04) to reboot, and it worked fine, it seems to be my Windows install not allowing it....

PK.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!