unfortunately not :
- root@backup-nas:~# date
- Wed 24 May 15:52:13 CEST 2017
- root@backup-nas:~# service vboxweb-service status
- ● vboxweb-service.service
- Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
- Active: inactive (dead)
- root@backup-nas:~# service vboxweb-service start
- Failed to start vboxweb-service.service: Unit vboxweb-service.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
since Virtualbox is functioning, except for the Console, I guess I'd better leave it alone.
One quirk that might hold some clue :
the VM directory is /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-nas-softraid/VM
The virtual machines are stored in /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-nas-softraid/VM/virtual_machines
This directory is a symlink to /VM on the OS drive because SSD.
Could this be causing the issue as per OP ??
I also meet same issue on OMV 4.X.
phpvirtualbox small preview can see vm is running, but CONSOLE cannot see anything.
besides, I can use RealVNC to connect without error, but no images show up. Black on realvnc screen.
You can also try this,
worked for me after fresh install of OMV 4
Keep in mind that it will remove VNC, but RDP and console is working perfectly after installing this.
Check Vbox version upfront, newest from OMV Extra repo is Vitualbox 5.2.24:
Upgrade Ext Pack:
Remove VNC, use RDP instead: