new WEBUI bad view when screen is in 1366*768

• a lot of white linespacing, a lot of scrolling .. less visability. For my system not the best update of the UI ..

Dunno if this is still under development (I hope so) ..

5x HP Microserver Gen8, 4x with OMV. (3x OMV4 and 1x OMV5)

(Busy with migrating to 1 NAS) Puffer: 4x3TB RAID5; Nemo:4x3TB RAID5; Shark: 4x2TB RAID5 and Whale: 4x10TB UNIONFS with SNAPRAID

• My screen is the same, you can revert to the old grey theme, look on the forum for instructions to revert, look at my posts from the last week and you will find the forum posts

Sent from my UMI SUPER using Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can size a web window, in a browser, to any size you want in any resolution.

Within a browser, and with the window active (click in it), hold down the Ctrl key and hit + or -

It will scale accordingly.

• Thanks for this awful useful reply.

As a user with 3 OMV installations and running version 3.x I know that things can happen I might dislike, might feel uncomfortable with. One of the things I like is doing tests and give feedback as an advanced user. I know my post was an short one like as a notice.

Replies with use CTRL-+ are funny. Yes it is a solution, but in a world where software is using certain frameworks and can be moved towards new technologies it should not need workarounds.

I am happy with deejc's reply about a work around to stick with the older UI .. will consider to move back,

and donh:
    Please, when reading this: my shoutout is not a finger to the devs. Just a remark .. Many many users like me who have a notebook or screen not able to size towards 1920 will see that the spacing and the way the font and screen is displayed is not awsome. The user experience is less due to not be able to see the info in 1 screen. (a lot of scrolling is needed)

and for others:
    And yes I know that the old layout is based on a different framework, probably outdated not using some standards etc, but the layout was not that bad.. If the devs are able to find a kind of solution for users with screens with less resolution I would be happy. if not: ok .. but keep in mind that new users of a product will be attracted to a first user experience. the old gui gave me a good feeling, the new one not yet.

and yes I am a happy tester and keep on testing and giving feedback. Althernatives and suggestions will be tried.

And to close it: I only use the UI to see the graphs .. the rest has been configured when I was installing OMV .. but I see that the way the UI is being made I will get issues when needing to reconfigure certain parts

(Busy with migrating to 1 NAS) Puffer: 4x3TB RAID5; Nemo:4x3TB RAID5; Shark: 4x2TB RAID5 and Whale: 4x10TB UNIONFS with SNAPRAID

• Offizieller Beitrag

Replies with use CTRL-+ are funny. Yes it is a solution, but in a world where software is using certain frameworks and can be moved towards new technologies it should not need workarounds.

Well, umm, my regrets for stating what may be obvious to some, but not so much others.
    (In this forum, it's nearly impossible to glean a members experience level from a sentence or two.)

However, after looking at your graphic and post: CTRL + / - immediately came to mind as my work around for,, well,, me. :rolleyes: With my aging eyes :S , I use it a LOT.

On the other hand OMV 3.x is still in development. I have no doubt that it's nits and picks will be worked out in time.

Regards.

• this thread solved 90% of my issue. I like it ..
    Shrink OMV Gui

I also see that I can be back to old UI .. but that's too much hassle right now ..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!