RPI1B/Jessie/OMV3 possible ?

• After an update, I have successfully broken my setup. X(

For a try, I wanted to re-install from scratch but starting with a clean and updated install of Raspbian, not an image downloaded from OpenMediaVault (which would need updates anyway)
    Then I followed this idea: http://wiki.openmediavault.org…=1.0/Installation_Apt-Get
    The only diff being that it is not Wheezy but Jessie that currently runs on my RPI 1B.
    I did not add the wheezy line to sources.list of course... :whistling:

Now, I hit unmet dependencies issue with php5-pfm stuff. Thus I went for this solution: php5-fpm failed and omv-release-upgrade does not upgrade OMV

But it doesn't work. I'm looping between dpkg -i and apt-get -f install that keeps removing php5 stuff needed for OMV to install but "is not going to be installed"...

I understand the RPI 1B is old and at the moment, I don't have a budget to buy an Odroid C2 (or any other-like you'd suggest me in the same price range).
    So, in the meantime, I'm openned to your input to reinstall this properly.
    I have a 3TB USB drive attached to it. I only need basic features such as FTP, Samba and DLNA. It serves an LG SmartTV and as file (video) server for the kids using VLC on their laptop.

• But... Can you then install Stone Burner on Jessie or should I downgrade to Wheezy ?
    I still have issue with php5-... is not going to be installed

• Current status: I reinstalled OMV2 then did the all updates thru the web interface (except that PAM issue - which was the reason I tried OMV3)
    I am not interested in an RPI3 but an Odroid. At first I wanted a C2 but I read that XU4 is better supported, right ?

• An Odroid is more likely to have compatibility issues and the better CPU isn't of much use for a NAS. And it still has the bottleneck of the USB ports.

For the price of a C2, you'd be better off getting an cheap intel J-something motherboard which will have SATA on board. Some even have 4 or more on-board SATA connectors and will fit into a nice NAS case.

• I am not interested in an RPI3 but an Odroid. At first I wanted a C2 but I read that XU4 is better supported, right ?

Any Raspberry is way too slow to be used as NAS (shared USB bandwidth and only laughable Fast Ethernet that also has to share bandwidth with storage). ODROID-XU4 is more performant but I learned within the last few weeks that there are some issues (I bought one myself just to port OMV to it but wouldn't do it again -- just check my signature).

For ARM based NAS devices you want to use Marvell designs currently (performance and reliability). EspressoBin is great or Helios4.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!