Rsync Jobs Problem

• I am not sure how long this has been a problem, but I noticed today after upgrading to the latest OMV3 release that when I go to the "Rsync" tab to view my jobs, I get the following error message and none of my jobs actually appear on the page:

"Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='']'."

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='']'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rsync.inc(77): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.sha...', '')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRsync->getList(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Rsync', 'getList', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have a job is probably pointing to shared folder that doesn't exist anymore in the db. Something happened in the upgrade.
    You can inspect config.xml look for the rsync job and then check the SF uuid isnusing and look for the same uuid in the shared folder section of the same config.xml

• If you have a job is probably pointing to shared folder that doesn't exist anymore in the db. Something happened in the upgrade.
    You can inspect config.xml look for the rsync job and then check the SF uuid isnusing and look for the same uuid in the shared folder section of the same config.xml

Where is the Rsync-specific configuration file located? I cannot find it at /etc/rsyncd.conf. I removed the Rsync job entries from the OMV config.xml file, but I haven't removed them from the Rsync config file. Removing the entries from the OMV config file fixed the error though.

Update: It looks like clearing the Rsync config file was not necessary. After manually removing the entries from the OMV config file, I recreated my jobs and applied them and they appear to be working properly again. On another note, why was this post flagged as needing moderator approval? I would think that at this point I should have established myself as a non-spam posting user. What's wrong?

• I get a similar error message, when i try to create a new rsync job:

Code
    Failed to execute XPath query '//services/rsync/jobs'.
    Fehler #0:
    exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/rsync/jobs'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:244
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rsync.inc(198): OMV\Config\Database->set(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject))
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRsync->set(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Rsync', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Deleting the rsync jobs in omv config file didn't help. I found actual jobs in /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d, and could start them, but they don't appear in the GUI.

I couldn't find the string '//services/rsync/jobs' in '/usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc'.

Any ideas?
    BR
    Jan

• I never saw it as needing approval. The logs says @votdev approved. No idea what flagged the post as possible spam, just checked your history in the last hour could me frequent posting maybe? I don't if there is a rule for that.

Oh, okay. For whatever reason I've been getting lots of server errors when I make a post and then an error message saying that I've posted in the last 30 seconds. I guess that could have something to do with it as well.

What exactly did you delete from the OMV config file?

• I am guessing here, I don't have my server to test. But I think you deleted the jobs xml tags editing the config.xml file.

I deleted everything between <jobs> and </jobs> in the rsync section like Volker wrote in another thread with this error topic.

BR
    Jan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!