Permissions Error with SMB on Linux [SOLVED]

• Hey guys, this is my first time posting, so I'm not sure what you guys need to help, but I'd be happy to supply.

I set up a shared folder and I'm trying to access it from my Debian installation, but I can't copy over files; when I attempt to, I get a "Permission Denied" error. However, when I try to create folders or files, everything works fine. When I check the permissions page on the drive from my Debian install, it says that the owner (root), group (root), and others have read/write access, and I have the username I logged into the share with set to read/write as well.

This type of problem seems to be pretty common, so there may be an obvious solution that I've overlooked.

Thanks!

EDIT: FTP is giving me the same problems.

• I checked them and ensured that they had file sharing open. Interestingly, I can move files using my Android device fine, but Debian still isn't playing nicely with it.

My Debian client is Thunar and Android client is Total Commander.

• On Debian? I can try it, but I'd kind of prefer software independence.

Any idea what the underlying problem is? I can provide log type files to help if you point me in the direction of them.

• Oh god, okay, got it largely fixed. The problem is that my user account on my Debian installation was in the root group, not the user's. So, I just added my user for OMV to the root group and everything is peachy keen.

I know this is a bilingual forum, so I just kind of realized that not everyone here has a reference point for that idiom.

Regardless, if someone can explain how to mark this as solved, I'd be much obliged.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!