Anyone have experience with twonky server? (Maybe a nix permission issue?)

• I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I managed to get twonky up and running on OMV. Everything works, except when I go to choose my shared folder which contains my media. When I browse, some folders don't show up for some reason....

The path to my folder is /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-SAMSUNG_HN-M750MBB_S2R9J1MB500651-part1 (just using a spare 2.5 inch HDD to play with OMV before I buy my actual storage drives).

However, the /srv folder doesn't even show up. Anyone have any clue as to what the issue could be?

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Offizieller Beitrag

Whatever user you have twonky running as must not have permissions to the /srv folder. Is the user a member of the users group?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Whatever user you have twonky running as must not have permissions to the /srv folder. Is the user a member of the users group?

pretty sure I had set it to run as root and root is the owner using winscp. Should I have set the user when I executed the service via ssh?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should I have set the user when I executed the service via ssh?

I don't know how you executed the service. Is it running as root when looking at ps aux | grep twonky

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I don't know how you executed the service. Is it running as root when looking at ps aux | grep twonky

I'll check it out when I get home. If not, what command should I run then? I tried using sudo (that elevates the command to run as root or super user right?) to run it and still the same thing.

I really appreciate your help. Too bad minidlna doesn't have a few extra options such as the ability to block clients. I share my Internet so I'm not the only one on my network so I don't want just anyone to be able to stream my content.

• Offizieller Beitrag

sudo does elevate to root. So, that probably isn't the problem. I haven't used twonky in a really long time. So, not sure.

Too bad minidlna doesn't have a few extra options such as the ability to block clients. I share my Internet so I'm not the only one on my network so I don't want just anyone to be able to stream my content.

minidlna may not have it but OMV does in the form of the firewall. You could block certain IPs on minidlna's port it is listening on.

• sudo does elevate to root. So, that probably isn't the problem. I haven't used twonky in a really long time. So, not sure.

minidlna may not have it but OMV does in the form of the firewall. You could block certain IPs on minidlna's port it is listening on.

I was trying but for some reason my tv was still able to access the server. Tried changing protocol and all. I'll try a bit harder today since I'll have more time to play with it. My goal is to block all, then allow from certain IPs since my clients are all static.

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!