Plex is enabled but not running

• I do not know what is wrong here. I installed plex, and enabled it but it would not run. I uninstalled and reinstalled (via the plugins) and it still is not running. Red light on services and when I go to plex in services, and press for the media server, it comes up page can not be displayed.

My settings look correct. I only have one database volume, and the database folder is automaticly put in.

Other plug ins work great. ANy ideas what's wrong?

• Yes, and it just says "this site can't be reached". Even when I go to :32400/web/index.html it says the same.

Hmm. Try to uninstall then reboot then reinstall? Did you notice any errors while installing?

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• None what so ever. I did uninstall and reinstall it, was first thing I done.

It was working this morning but I had an error (made a thread about that on this forum) so uninstalled things to do the repair, and now I have everything working back again perfectly, except plex.

• having the same exact problem here. I have tried all kinds of things. another thread had the same issue but it seems that OMV 3 doesn't place the service in init.d anymore so I could only get so far with the thread i found. It was running flawlessly. I've tried manually uninstalling and purging everything then reinstalling to no avail. running systemctl start plexmediaserver seems to run ok. checking status gives me this and that's about as far as I've been able to get. hopefully I can find some help here.

root@openmediavault:~# service plexmediaserver status
    plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Mon 2018-01-15 13:36:08 EST; 1min 27s ago
    Process: 12696 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/plexmediaserver "/usr/lib/plexmedia
    server/Plex Media Server" (code=exited, status=134)
    Process: 12693 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT
    _DIR}" || /bin/mkdir -p "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" (code=exited, status=0/SUCC
    ESS)
    Main PID: 12696 (code=exited, status=134)
    Jan 15 13:36:03 openmediavault systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service holdoff time over, schedu...rt.
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: Stopping Plex Media Server for Linux...
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: Starting Plex Media Server for Linux...
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service start request repeated to...rt.
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: Failed to start Plex Media Server for Linux.
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.
    Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

• oh man, thank you for pointing me to that. wow. what a headache. that was it. THANK YOU so much! was driving me crazy. The only problem i see on my end it that it had to rescan my entire library because the data base was gone. Now, that may be because i deleted it before when trying to pin this down or maybe it's because that directory was deleted. Thankfully even though my library is huge i only have it in three different folders so it's not a big deal to set it back up but... i could see how this would be frustrating having to do this over and over. hopefully someone can fix it.

when you reinstall it puts the folder right back in there. Why would deleting the plexmediaserver dir fix this? does the data base somehow get corrupted? It's just strange to me that deleting that folder only to have the plugin installer remake the dir and it then work doesn't make sense. wish i knew what was going on .

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# ls /var/lib                                                            
    alsa       dbus             initscripts  mysql        ntp              postfix         samba  
    apt        dhcp             insserv      mysql-files  nut              python          shellin
    clamav     dpkg             logrotate    mywebsql     openmediavault   python-support  smartmo
    collectd   ghostscript      man-db       netatalk     pam              quota           snmp   
    container  git              misc         nfs          php5             resolvconf      sudo   
    cron-apt   initramfs-tools  monit        nginx        plexmediaserver  rrdcached       systemd
  • If you don't delete the database folder plex doesn't have to rescan. The database isn't corrupted.

When you install upgrades it changes the directory where it thinks the plex database is but in reality it is in a different directory.
    Edit the file each time you install an upgrade and you should be fine. 30 second fix.
    I will live with it till I upgrade to OMV4.

I did some investigating and I think I have a solution but I don't know if it works yet since I haven't installed an upgrade.

edit this file /etc/default/plexmediaserver

Change the following lines to your database directory.. According to the code it adds the "/Library/Application Support" to the path below.

# uncomment to set it to something else
    export PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR="/media/0f066dc4-2296-4e77-92c2-78dcb9625c2a/plexmediaserver"

• So this is only an upgrade issue... I wonder if it isn't so much OMV as it may be the plugin itself causing the problem. I did a manual update last night with plexupdate and it didn't cause a single issue. apparently you have to use this if you are a plexpass member or some of the functionality is missing from the plugin. I really have no idea honestly. but the script automatically checks for and installs the updates and i've never had an issue with that particular one. Which makes me question the plugin itself. Which then makes me wonder if it's fixed in OMV 4.

Just my thoughts. this thread needs pinned or something though because I know we aren't the only ones that have seen plex "crash" because of this issue. took me forever to just find this partial thread. I usually don't even post unless i'm down to desperation!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!