shared folders "referenced"

• I have 3 hdd in in Raspberry Pi OMV. In the the shared folder listing 2 of my shares have no in the referenced column I use this drive as a backup for my main drive using rsync.
    The backup drive disapeared I had to unplug and plug back in for OMV to see it again is this somthing to do with it?

• Have you tried with another power supply?
    The cheap power supplies from China can occur that they become weaker.
    I had two weeks ago the same problem with a user.
    Please check how much amper power.

https://github.com/Wolf2000Pi

OMV6 Hewlett-Packard HPE-411at - Intel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz - 16GB Ram

Proxmox omv 7 sandworm Dell OptiPlex 7050 i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz - 32GB Ram (Test!!!!)

• I will do that but for now I have rebooted multiple times with no problems.

My question remains what does "referenced" mean yes or no when you view shared folders?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have 3 hdd in in Raspberry Pi OMV. In the the shared folder listing 2 of my shares have no in the referenced column I use this drive as a backup for my main drive using rsync.
    The backup drive disapeared I had to unplug and plug back in for OMV to see it again is this somthing to do with it?

It means they are not being 'referred to'....if they were referenced when the usb drive was mounted, then 'pointed to' for rsync then they are being referenced by rysnc.....if that connectivity is stopped/breaks then the share will display no.....at least that's my understanding.
    I have 6 shared folders 4 are referenced via samba 2 are not.....but when I used rsync to get data from usb back to either of those 2 folders then they too were referenced. I have since removed the rsync jobs so those 2 folders now display referenced>>>no.

• Hi
    Ah that answers my question the shares in question reside on my backup drive which rsync jobs copy to, I am having trouble now with that drive mounting properly, which would be why the rsync jobs are failing to.
    Interestingly when I first set the system up the system ran flawlessly for around 5 months and now this...

I will need to investigate what wolf2000 suggested in that a power supply can become weaker over time.
    My current set up headless raspberry pi model B, 2 x usb hdd, 1 x sdd drive, 1 x usb stick are all hooked up to a 7 port powered usb hub.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My current set up headless raspberry pi model B, 2 x usb hdd, 1 x sdd drive, 1 x usb stick are all hooked up to a 7 port powered usb hub.

The 7 port powered usb just might be the problem....I have one of those attached to my W10 laptop, it now just has a printer connected, bluetooth dongle for mouse, iphone cable and a usb extension lead. Plugging in a flash drive Ok, adding an external usb can sometimes be hit and miss, if I add a usb cd-rom then the whole thing just stops.
    Whilst these 'powered' usb hubs are supposed to manage up to 7 devices it is dependant upon how much each device is drawing and whilst they work one day they have a habit of not 'playing ball' another. So it may not be your external usb devices but the hub, you could try reducing the burden on the hub by attaching one or more of your usb drives directly to the Pi.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!