OMV alone or with a Debian install before

• Hi all,

I'm testing OMV since one week and it's exactly the NAS that I searched ;)

currenly, I have one HDD of 160Go for the system and 4x3Go in Raid 5 mount on a old computer...

I would like to know if you prefer install OMV alone with the package give on this site or from a install of Debian ?

I would like use the NAS with a raspberry for the multimedia section and like system of stockage for my Windows and Time Machine for our MAC (may be one internet site will be stock on the NAS)

• I think you should make the decision whether to install Debian 1st then OMV based on if you willl leave a keyboard and monitor installed. If it is in a room where you can use it ocasionally, maybe like a back up to main pc, then I would install Debian 1st. My machine is in a room in the basement, and out of the way from everything, but I still have a desktop installed. For some things I just like having a frontend gui.

My Galaxy Tab 10.1 connected to my desktop on my OMV, via vnc thru ssh tunnel.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!