[CSS] Black OMV v4.x GUI

• Create a file /var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-custom.css and put inside this:

And enjoy the pure spice of darkness.
    Great on Android devices.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks pretty cool but I might make the buttons darker. They really stand out.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I like how your design compresses the OMV logo into the sidebar. It saves space.

This idea was originally from user @Nibb31. See the post no.2 here: Shrink OMV Gui

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Perhaps that should be some contest?
    Present your OMV's skin/theme.

This idea is great, it would be really cool to make a little "contest" or at least a section dedicated for new skins!

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• As @The Master and @ryecoaaron already know, I started work on my first plugin several weeks ago that would allow users to easily switch between the new and old OMV themes. After I got that done, my plan was to implement theme customization, but I never even finished the basic plugin because I've been too busy. Perhaps when my schedule clears up I will give it another shot.

• Mit diesem Tool können sie einfach zwischen den GUI-Theme Switchen
    With this tool, you can easily switch between the GUI theme
    Zum instrallieren:
    To install:

Falls GIT nicht installiert:
    If GIT is not installed:

apt install git

Code
    git clone https://github.com/Wolf2000Pi/omv-theme.git && cd omv-theme && chmod +x install-omv-theme.sh && ./install-omv-theme.sh && cd

Zum Deinstallieren:
    To uninstall:

Code
    rm -r omv-theme 
    rm -r /usr/bin/omv-theme

Zum Starten:
    To Start:

Code
    omv-theme

Ich möchte mich für die mithilfe auch Bedanken bei @The Master & @DeepB für [CSS] Black OMV GUI v5, https://forum.openmediavault.o…641-CSS-Black-OMV-GUI-v5/

I would also like to thank for the help with @The Master & @DeepB for [CSS] Black OMV GUI v5, https://forum.openmediavault.o…641-CSS-Black-OMV-GUI-v5/

https://github.com/Wolf2000Pi

OMV6 Hewlett-Packard HPE-411at - Intel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz - 16GB Ram

Proxmox omv 7 sandworm Dell OptiPlex 7050 i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz - 32GB Ram (Test!!!!)

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von The Master ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I need to install something else to enable "git"?

apt-get install git

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

As @The Master and @ryecoaaron already know, I started work on my first plugin several weeks ago that would allow users to easily switch between the new and old OMV themes. After I got that done, my plan was to implement theme customization, but I never even finished the basic plugin because I've been too busy. Perhaps when my schedule clears up I will give it another shot.

Go Dave B! :thumbup:
    (I saw a screen shot provided by The Master.)

While some might consider a theme switcher to be "fluff", I see real value in it. It's this kind of thing that gets the dirty, unwashed masses :rolleyes: to adopt OMV. It let's a new user make it, "their own".
    (And a few extra donations to keep things rolling doesn't hurt anything either.)

As WastlJ mentioned in another thread - being able to switch to a high contrast, high visibility theme, easily, would be great for the visually impaired. That makes a Theme Switcher plugin a utility item.

Cheers

• Thanks, but I am not the one who wrote this. I had plans to, but I ended up ditching the theme changer in favor of another project, which I've kind of ditched at this point as well since there has been very little interest in it. The only person who I know to be using it is @The Master, and myself of course. Perhaps if it gains more popularity I will update it some more. I'm not even sure if @ryecoaaron has even added it to the experimental plugins repository.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not even sure if @ryecoaaron has even added it to the experimental plugins repository.

Are you talking about the code I helped with? I thought that was just a skeleton/testing plugin?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks, but I am not the one who wrote this. I had plans to, but I ended up ditching the theme changer in favor of another project, which I've kind of ditched at this point as well since there has been very little interest in it. The only person who I know to be using it is @The Master, and myself of course. Perhaps if it gains more popularity I will update it some more. I'm not even sure if @ryecoaaron has even added it to the experimental plugins repository.

It can't become more popular if it doesn't exist where it can be had by the dirty, unwashed masses. :rolleyes: (Opps, I did it again.)

Present company excluded (and with thanks to Wolf2000 for a option that works), I don't understand the reluctance from some quarters to develop something like this. The very fact that OMV has rolled up a bundle of NAS functionality, into a GUI, has made it very popular. Similarly, facilitating the alteration, tweaking, etc., of the GUI, to suit a users needs (or even wants), will add to OMV's popularity. There's simply no doubt about it.

Along similar lines, when they hit the market, I thought that PC cases with clear side panels, neon lights inside and fans with multicolored LED's in the blades were, in a word, "ridiculous". But that's just one opinion and who am I to judge what another may want or need? Meanwhile, the makers of these products where selling them in quantity.

Well, I've beat on this particular drum enough. I'll get off the soap box.

• Are you talking about the code I helped with? I thought that was just a skeleton/testing plugin?

The one you helped with was a skeleton plugin. The one I am talking about is the GoodSync plugin.

It can't become more popular if it doesn't exist where it can be had by the dirty, unwashed masses. :rolleyes: (Opps, I did it again.)

Well it's not in the repository, but I have provided a download link to the deb file for people to upload to their servers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The one I am talking about is the GoodSync plugin.

Oh. I thought you wrote a theme-changing plugin. You should start a goodsync thread in the developer forum so we can get that added to the repo.

• Oh. I thought you wrote a theme-changing plugin. You should start a goodsync thread in the developer forum so we can get that added to the repo.

No. I ditched the theme-changing project because I thought it was too hard for a beginner. Where in the developer forum would you like me to post it? I have this post for it under "Third Party Plugins" already.

good Idea (maybe to the testing repo)

Yeah it's certainly not ready for the mainstream repo.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!