rsnapshot no_create_root not respected in OMV 3.0

• Since updating to OMV 3.0, rsnapshot's no_create_root switch isn't being respected for me; i.e. when the external USB backup drive is disconnected rsnapshot creates a directory in /media named for the absent drive's UUID and completely fills the system drive such that I can't even log into the OMV GUI.

Any suggestions how I can stop rsnapshot while the external drive is absent?

thanks

KnobblySnail

OMV6 on Asrock E3C224D2I, Xeon E3-1230Lv3, 8Gb, WD Red 3Tb x3 zfs, 120GB Samsung EVO mSATA, CoolerMaster V550S, in a Fractal Design Node 304

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any suggestions how I can stop rsnapshot while the external drive is absent?

Most of the OMV plugins don't do well when you disconnect the drive. About your only choice is to disable the rsnapshot job in the web interface.

no_create_root switch isn't being respected for me

It is working the way it is intended by rsnapshot. The problem is that the directory does exist. That flag is really intended for automount systems that create the mountpoint when the drive is plugged in. With OMV, it always exists once you mount it. If you disconnect all the time, the usbbackup plugin would be a better choice. Read this

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tried the suggestion from your external link to have rsnapshot target a subdirectory rather than root of the external drive, however unfortunately no_create_root still wasn't respected.

As stopping each of my number of rsnapshot jobs is inconvenient, is there a service I could stop, even by cli?

I have installed usbbackup as you suggested. I will look at using it (in conjunction with Duplicati for more frequently changing documents).

Thanks for your help and great work.

KnobblySnail

OMV6 on Asrock E3C224D2I, Xeon E3-1230Lv3, 8Gb, WD Red 3Tb x3 zfs, 120GB Samsung EVO mSATA, CoolerMaster V550S, in a Fractal Design Node 304

• I found what I needed to do to prevent writing to the mountpoint when the USB drive is not present was to set the immutable attribute with:
    chattr +i while it was unmounted

KnobblySnail

• Offizieller Beitrag

To disable rsnapshot, just move the /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot to a different directory. Move it back to re-enable.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!