Is it viable to migrate by restoring a 2.x config backup to 3.0 ?

• Hi All,

I always prefer to do a clean install rather than upgrade in-situ when there's a major OS version jump involved, but I really can do without the pain of recreating all my shares, snapshots, etc etc manually. Will a 3.0 system restore a 2.x configuration backup (done either with omvbackup or by copying over the XML file) succesfully? That seems the best route to me...

Thanks!

Jeff

• This will not work.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Bringing the xml config file from a previous install into a fresh install was never a solution, regardless of of the OMV versions involved.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Boo. Out of interest, what stops it? Has the XML content changed?

You have to understand the mechanics underneath Omv to realize why this won't work. On simple terms if you do that the omv panel will display all the values of that file. But not a single service or software will have the current configuration or enabled/disabled state and who knows what else.
    There is also a problem with some of the keys properties of the xml file, which changed name from 2 to 3 and that also causes errors for each mismachted key in the ui.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!