Can't connect after brand new install because of Https

• Hi there,

So I was messing with ssl,tls, and certificates, made OMV force them and somehow I screwed up and couldn't connect. With that issue along others, I decided to start from scratch. All was good at the beginning, but after I used gparted to resize the third partition, I rebooted OMV and now I can't connect again for the same reason: https. I tried resetting my browsers and tried multiple different ones with the same results. I was able to login the first time after the fresh install, download some update and change the repo settings, but now nothing. Why is that? How can I fix it?

I've rebuilt this OMV a few times for a few different reason and each time it gets the same IP and I don't know how to change it. I would have better luck if there was some info on how to administer OMV from the terminal.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've rebuilt this OMV a few times for a few different reason and each time it gets the same IP and I don't know how to change it.

In the GUI of OMV go to "Network" and then "interfaces". There you can edit your interface and change it from DHCP to static.
    Make sure you select an adress your router will not assign to another device.
    Netmask usually is 255.255.255.0
    Gateway is the IP of your router.
    DNS server is also the IP of your router. I added additionally google as DNS server as sometimes my resolving does not work with my router allone. So I added also 8.8.8.8 (that is the IP of google)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!