rsnapshot in OMV2.x vs OMV3.0.8

• Hallo mein Name ist Ralf und ich nutze seit über 2 Jahren OMV!

Ich bin hier neu angemeldet, lese aber schon lange mit. Seit dem Update auf OMV3 (Neuinstallation) habe ich aber folgendes Problem mit dem rsnapshot-plugin.
    Bisher legte rsnapshot auf meiner "Backup" Freigabe zuverlässig Ordner an, die wie die Quellfreigaben hießen. z.B. Auf der Freigabe "Backup" gabs den Ordner "Daten" mit dem Inhalt "Musik" in dem "daily0"... "daily1"... usw waren. Also:

Backup/Daten/Musik/daily1....

Nach dem Umzug der Platten (gleiche Freigaben, gleiche Benutzer, gleicher Rechner etc...) kam die Meldung, dass "Backup" voll wäre. Nachgeschaut ergab, dass rsnapshot plötzlich folgende Ordnerstruktur anlegt:

Backup/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/Musik/

Habe keine Einstellmöglichkeit in der Gui finden können, in der .conf-Datei steht, dass Änderungen dort nicht wirksam seinen.
    Ich hatte gehofft das Backup durchgehend weiter nutzen zu können. Da ich die neue Struktur ziemlich unübersichtlich finde, würde ich gerne wissen welche Möglichkeit es gibt rsnapshot klar zumachen, dass die Ordnerstruktur wie bisher weitergeführt werden soll.
    Alternativ: Ist es unproblematisch die bisherigen Backups "daily1"... etc. manuell in die neue Ordnerstruktur zu schieben, davor natürlich die neu erstellen "dailys" zu löschen, oder geht dann etwas durcheinander?

Ich versuch das nochmal auf englisch:

Ive got the following issue with the rsnapshot-plugin 3.9 while upgrading from OMV2.2.14 to OMV3.0.8 (fresh install) .
    The old "Backup" from the plugin strukture was like

"Backup/Daten/Musik/daily0...".

Now, when i am setting up new rsnapshot-jobs in the plugin it will make folders like

"Backup/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/Musik/daily0...".

I have no Idea how to fix this because i'd like to have the old Structure to go on with the existing backups. The .conf file says changes in the textfile itself wont be saved or something like that.
    Is there a possibility to fix this?
    Or may i move the "daily...etc"-folders from the old backup in the new structure after deleting the newer "daily"-folders there?

Sorry for my english

Wäre für jede Hilfe dankbar!

Grüße,
    Ralf

• I would say, this behaviour is intended. In V3.10 the "drive label detection was improved".
    See rsnapshot changelog: ryecoaaron improve drive label detection

Maybe you should try it with rsnapshot V3.9.

Furthermore the mount point of external (USB) devices was meanwhile changed from /media to /srv in OMV3.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

The change in 3.10 didn't cause this. There was a bug in the 2.x version that caused the path to be that short and the changes in OMV 3.x caused a difference as well. No need to use an old version. Just move the old archive and everything should work (I didn't test though).

mv Backup/Daten Backup/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am just using rsnapshot V3.9. and didn't get any updates since install, but i don't know the old Plugin version i was using in OMV2.x. Im using only sata devices, no USB for Data drives.

Okay then, i'll try to move the old Backups but have to say, i liked the old structure better.

Thanks a lot for your fast help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am just using rsnapshot V3.9. and didn't get any updates since install,

I guess I never released 3.10. It only fixes things when you have drives that have very similar names like testdrive and testdrive2.

i liked the old structure better.

It is only one extra directory and a directory with a more accurate name.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!