Backup solutions for off site backing up?

• Hey,
    What would the best option be for creating some off site backup?

My thoughts at present are to use the USB Backup plugin to backup just my important files to a USB drive that once a month will be removed to a off site location and another USB drive put it its place. Then just rotate them once a month.

Would this work? I'm also going to research installing CrashPlan for some cloud backup unless there's a better solution you guys know about?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

usb backup plugin works. You could also use the duplicati plugin. rsync plugin over ssh works as well.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use CrashPlan. Works fine. Just sometimes it detects that some files are missing on my NAS (which are not). So it marks the files as deleted on the CrashPlan server. But as I set "delete" to "never", the files are still there and could be restored if needed. Few days later CrashPlan detects the files again and "restores" them on the CrashPlan server. Not sure what the reason for this behaviour is.

I also evaluated Duplicati to backup the files on Amazon server. Works, but if you want to have encryption, Duplicati is creating large ZIP files. So it is not so easy to restore single files. But maybe I missed alternative settings.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!