OMV Host not seen in "Network" in Windows 10 File Explorer

• I am having a difficult time getting the Hostname of my OMV installation on my Windows 10 Creators Update Edition to show up in File Explorer. I recently rebuilt both my OMV install and my Windows 10 install. I can access my OMV install via \\Hostname\Share but I am unable to map drives because it does not see the host in "Network." My Advanced Sharing options are:

Private
    Turn on network discovery
    Turn on automatic setup
    Turn on file and printer sharing
    Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections

Public
    Turn on network discovery
    Turn on file and printer sharing

All Networks
    Turn on sharing so (I have also used Turn off Public folder sharing, no change)
    Use 128-bit encryption
    Turn on password protected sharing

All of the other windows 10 machines (including creators update) can see the OMV Hostname in File Explorer.

Any help would be appreciated.

John
    San Pedro, CA

• Offizieller Beitrag

So you can access an omv share by \\hostname\share, that says it's all working. If you use just \\hostname do the shares that are available get displayed? If so then simply right click and select map network drive on the share you want to map.

• My router (pfSense) is using DHCP with a static mapping to the OMV machine and DHCP to other machines on network. So the submask and the IPv4 are both assigned by the router.

But thank you, Geaves, your workaround does work. (I didn't realize that option was available. I thought you had to go through the "This PC>Computer>Map Network Drive. It's good to know there is more than one way to skin a rabbit. Not that I have ever skinned a rabbit, mind you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

On the left hand side of file explorer there is another heading Network, that should display every machine on your network....another way is to do as you described This PC>>>Computer , but select Add a network location, then follow the wizard and you should have a shortcut to omv under quick access.
    But as you say there's more than one way to skin a rabbit :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!