[SOLVED] Held Packages

• I attempted to apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade from the shell on my OMV 3.0.83 and got the following about held packages related to samba:

The following packages have been kept back:
    python-samba samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-dsdb-modules samba-libs samba-vfs-modules
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Oh oh oh, backports. Please note that it is not guaranteed that it will work. OMV does not test against backports.

# apt-get install samba
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    samba : Depends: samba-common (= 2:4.2.14+dfsg-0+deb8u7) but 2:4.2.14+dfsg-0+deb8u6 is to be installed
    Depends: samba-common-bin (= 2:4.2.14+dfsg-0+deb8u7) but 2:4.2.14+dfsg-0+deb8u6 is to be installed
    Depends: samba-libs (= 2:4.2.14+dfsg-0+deb8u7) but 2:4.2.14+dfsg-0+deb8u6 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

• I had the same issue just now and could reproduce it with two different machines running OMV 3.0.83. I had to log into via ssh since web update failed on both machines

I manually executed omv-update, after which only 3 packages were left held:

Bash
    The following packages have been kept back:
      samba samba-common samba-dsdb-modules
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

Sadly, neither apt-get dist-upgrade nor apt-get install -f samba samba-common samba-dsdb-modules resolved the issue:

I am open to suggestions...

• Oh oh oh, backports. Please note that it is not guaranteed that it will work. OMV does not test against backports.

Regarding the backports: I don't remember adding backports manually to sources.list or sources.list.d.
    But I have

Code
    deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free

in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list

The only non-standard action I have done was installing omv-extras. omv-extras only provide Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 as kernel for me. I cannot choose a non-bpo kernel. Or how would I go to a stable kernel that is supported by omv?

The guide I followed was: http://omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides
    There I chose OMV 3.x (erasmus) (STILL BETA). Yes, it says it's beta but it doesn't provide a non-bpo version.

• Just for completeness, my OMV 3 is an upgrade from OMV 2 and I am running the backports kernel and have omv-extras installed.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I have the same problem (same packages).

I think our configuration is quite common and that many others will be seeing the same things. As to how many will come here to report it, who knows.

--

• Yes, working now here. Somebody fixed something.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!