OMV Machine Does Not Stay Off

• Hello,
    This is my first post on here. I have so far liked OMV but I am running into an issue where when I tell the machine to shutdown (via Web GUI or Command line) it will shutdown for three seconds then come right back on. Does anyone know what is going on? :S

• Did you look at the bios settings? Possibly it's set to power on after power failure?

I found it!
    Ok so the settings "Restore AC Power Less:
    1. Power Off
    2. Power On
    3. Last State
    I have it on Power Off but I have Power on by PCI/PCIE on Enable.

• Maybe ... Play a bit around with the settings --- See Wake on Lan too

Although the board supports WOL the setting is not there. I was able to turn the machine off by holding down the power button and it did not turn on since then. Thoughts?

• When I tried it twice it would shutdown then come back on. When I did it in the command line it would come back on again. I will try it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

• Strange ?(

You're telling me. I find it really strange but whatever. My thing is, I am trying to use this as a file server as well and not just backups. I was hoping it would do what my synology does (which I hate because it is so slow and has room for only two disks) and put the disks in hibernation but noooo, it has to be different! X(

• I thought you guys would like to know, I had to be the motherboard. I deleted all the plugins and even turned off WOL on OMV and it still powers on. That stinks. I was hoping to be able to turn it on via magic packet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not so sure that disabling "power on by PCI / PCIE" will affect wake on lan. Something on the PCI bus may be misbehaving. If you're using an integrated NIC, it may not be on the same bus. If that's the case, the magic packet might work. Do you have any optional PCI cards installed, like a graphics card?

One other remote possibility:
    Where OMV is concerned, the only thing I could come up with where OMV might do something power related would be under the Power Management tabs, <Settings> and <Scheduled Jobs>. By default, in a new build, nothing should configured.

As you can see, I have a couple things configured. If you have something in these screens, disable and / or delete it.

• Nothing is on Scheduled Jobs. What is so weird is that it just randomly started and the only way is to turn of the power by PCI/PCIE (which is how the WOL is turned on and off.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!