Web-based file explorer

• Offizieller Beitrag

This solution is not web-based!

There is no super friendly, web-based file manager for OMV. Feel free to create one.

There are plenty of cross platform options. While not super simple, jollyrogr's solution is cross platform. You could connect to shares via webdav. samba works very well and if you have remote users, just have them use vpn.

Some times, things just aren't easy especially when they are free.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Have you tried afian/fileRun - it looks like the perfect web-based file manager to me. WINSCP, Samba, webdav etc just don't cut it when the files get large!

I have installed filerun in Docker in OMV4 and it runs perfectly - quick too. And it's free for up to 3 users.

Anybody else tried it?

n

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see anything on the filerun website about a 3 user limit.

Have a look here: http://www.filerun.com/enterprise

But they also say: "For family websites with more than three members, contact us and we'll accomodate your usage, at no cost."

• How about writing a small [how-to]?

OK....

1) As well as the Docker plugin you will need docker-compose because two images are required. Install latest version like this

Code
    # curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.19.0/docker-compose-`uname -s`-`uname -m` -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
    # chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

Modify the above curl command to make sure you get the latest version.

2) Check the docker-compose installation

Code
    # docker-compose --version
    docker-compose version 1.19.0, build 1719ceb

3) Pull the filerun image

Code
    #docker pull afian/filerun

4) Create a file docker-compose.yml containing the following

A few things to notice in the yml file above:

• a) Two containers are required and both have the restart flag set to "unless-stopped" so that filerun will start automatically on boot.
    • b) I have forwarded port 81 from the container so that filerun does not clash with the OMV gui
    • c) Filerun looks for its files in the folder /user-files and so this has been mapped to the omv folder /sharedfolders

5) Now start filerun

Code
    #docker-compose up -d

6) The first time you run the above yml it will pull mariadb. You should see two new containers appear in the omv docker plugin - one for filrun and the other for mariadb. They should both be 'running'

7) You can now access filerun by pointing your browser to http://your-omv-host:81. The default username/password is superuser/superuser.

Once logged in you should have access to all your omv shared folders - you may need to fiddle about with permissions to achieve this! I have not been successful in using the docker plugin to modify the filerun containers but I haven't really tried too hard. It's just as easy to modify the yml file.

That's it - good luck

N

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von namirda () aus folgendem Grund: Correction

• Thank you namirda! I was looking for this kind of step-by-step solution for a long time!

I have also one question about filerun - i would like to use mobile api for it (which requires ssl cert) and also for security reason use it with ssl (to login via "https"). How can i do that? For OMV WebGui i can use a port choosed in WebGui system settings, but how can i secure my plugins (like FileRun or my www apps served by nginx)?

Thank you in advance,
    Paul

• Hi Paul - Sorry - can't help you there. It would mean building your own filerun docker image including ssl and I have no idea how to do that!

SSL must be quite a common requirement though - you might try asking on the filerun site...

N

• Hi Paul - Sorry - can't help you there. It would mean building your own filerun docker image including ssl and I have no idea how to do that!

SSL must be quite a common requirement though - you might try asking on the filerun site...

N

Hmm, i thought that it won't be such issue. I will try to find a solution for that and give some answers in this thread. Thank you again!

Edit:

Just wanted to clear things up (after almost 7 months btw but i forgot about this... ). Best solution for me to run web based file explorer in OMV is to install FIlerun on nginx plugin Web server with script available on Filerun website (.zip file) and secure nginx folder with letsencrypt. And done - we have modern, fully featured web file explorer secured with ssl certificate. Simple and works for me. This way you don't have to use docker plugin, just install with filerun .zip file.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!